My Nuero said.......
1. Hard collar 3 months, now after 1 month I can wear a soft collar to bed.
2. No nsaids, no green tea, no herbal supplements,,,,,,,,,,,,1200mg calcium
and a multi- vitamin
3. Just released to drive short distance at 4 weeks.
4. My doc did not take xrays at post op, and I don't have to come back to him , I follow up with my primary care doc.
5. Weight resriction after surgery and for 2 more months 5-8 lbs. No lifting
6. No physical therapy, I am not paralyzed he said,,,,,,,do streches but not with neck
7. Muscle relaxers were automatically RXed after surgery and I have 3 refills, doc said the spasms come with the journey - recovery
8. I was never told anything about walking any certain length, just told I could walk........no set amount to do. Had restrictions on stairs for first 2 weeks because of the hip bone graft.........
9. I was told fusion would take 4-6 months and could take up to a year..
It is all different....Different doctors, different post op instructions, different levels of recovery......Bottom line is -WE HOPE WE ALL HEAL PERFECT......