It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
What's up with the green tea restrictions?

Can someone tell me why a surgeon would restrict green tea post ACDFsurgery? I have seen it now 2 times on this forum in the last few days. I have been drinking it every single day for 7 weeks, post op!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User
Re: What's up with the green tea restrictions?

See Thats why i suggested we share our Dr.s post op orders.....banning Green tea seems to makes no sense. However with my voice issues I have been told no caffeine what soever and that means decaf as well. Reason is any caffein dehydrates you. So I have been living on camomile and plain water. I lived for coffee before this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: What's up with the green tea restrictions?

don't know the actual answer to this but i am guessing that there must be something in that particular tea that could affect things as far as blood clotting ability or some other effect on the body.alot of herbals can have alot of different types of side effects thats all.alot of the actual meds we take actually come from plants or herbs that are found out in the wild.i know the heart med digitallis comes from the actual flower digitallis.so there could be alot of different types of reactions that certain plants and herbals can have that could adversely affect a particular body system or the blood.

try doing some searches on green tea and possible side effects and see what comes out of it.you could also just call the surgeons office and ask them about it.they would probably be able to actually tell you right over the phone.if this surgeon tells his patients not to do something,his staff is usually aware of the "whys'.just a suggestion for you.i too would kind of like to know the answer to that question too.this is the first i have ever heard of it being something not to take pre op,and i have had like five surgeries over the past few years.

sharing info IS a really great thing,you can always learn more,and definitely benefit from the accumulation of others experiences.good luck on the surgery,marcia

Closed Thread