It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

babs17 HB Userbabs17 HB User
Question Radiofrequency Question

After failed Facet Joint Injections, my pain management MD has scheduled a Radiofrequnecy procedure for my herniations at T9-L1. It's supposed to ablate the nerve tissues.

Does anyone have an opinion on this procedure? or experience?? what can I expect?

C4-C7 Herniations
T5-T10 Herniations
L3-S1 Herniations
Thoracic Fusion via Thoracotomy 10/06

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
(female)

nutti883 HB User
Re: Radiofrequency Question

I have been hanging around looking at all the posts for some time now and thought I would reply to this one. I just had the radiofrequency procedure done on January 10, 2007. I have to tell you it has made a difference. I have suffered from chronic pain since a fusion at C5-6 and C6-7 and also a ruptured disc at C3-4. After the procedure, my pain has decreased quite a bit. The irony is that 15 days after I had this procedure done, my husband and I got into a nasty hit and run accident. Now, I have whiplash AND 2 tears in my shoulder. It's like the powers that be have it in for me. Or at least it feels that way sometimes!!!

Good luck it you decide to have the procedure done and I hope it gives you relief.

Nutti

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
Re: Radiofrequency Question

I had the radio-frequency procedure done in my neck last April. I went the same route as you, with the facet joint injections first. I am pretty sure they dont do the RF without doing those first. It helped me, but I had bone spurs, arthritis, and disk degeneration, so it really didnt help my bone spurs or disk degeneration. Before I had the RF, I was crying every single day. Afterward (it took about 5 weeks after the RF), I was still in pain but not needing to cry. I think it helped, but it really depends on what your problem is. It didnt hurt when I got it because I was under conscious sedation and have no memory of any of it. It did flare things up for 5 weeks, afterall the nerves just got pretty zapped. I dont regret doing it, but ultimately, for my problem, I ended up having surgical fusion and discetomy on Jan. 10th.

Closed Thread