It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
Anyone ever go to an Osteopath?

I posted today in another post about my upper body muscle spasms (for the last 5 yrs) and I am really thinking it is coming more from my Sacroiliac Joint even more than the guarding of the neck. I fell HARD on the ice in 2000 and I have had feedback from several professionals that my hips arent even and stuff. (as posted below). I researched it and there is something called SIJD (Sacroiliac Joint Dysfuntion). Since when I fell in 2000 my sacrioiliac joint was sprained (and I went to PT for it....worthless). I am willing to bet that this is causing alot of my problems! I made an appt. with an Osteopath. I am tired of going to MDs that are only able to look at one part of the body, without relating it to another part. Geez, after all isnt the whole spine connected???????????????????????? It stands to reason that my upper body would be in pain if my hips are not right. I would like to know if anyone has had experiences seeing an Osteopath. They are supposedly trained to look at the whole person, Unlike and M.D. who never seems to do this. They also do hands on stuff, too.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
(female)

monarog HB User
Re: Anyone ever go to an Osteopath?

Hi Sue...

Yes...in my search trying to feel better I did see an osteopath for about 3 months. My gut all along was I had a major neck problem...and sure enough, lots of compression now with ACDF scheduled...so, he really wasn't able to help me. That being said, I really liked him, the whole body approach and have known many people where it has helped them. I agree with you, many Western docs are really compartmentalized...it can be very frustrating. I spent a year with a "not too bad" MRI, so the rest of my very real symptoms and complaints were virtually ignored - until I almost demanded another MRI of my neck. I say it's certainly worth a shot. My osteopath was really great at considering the whole picture, questioning me and really trying to experiment with different treatments to see if I could get some symptom relief. Good luck. Please keep us posted on how it goes. Mona

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

TraveltoSL HB User
Re: Anyone ever go to an Osteopath?

Hey SKZ...

I just responded on your other post but yes, I totally agree that the Ostepath should be able to help you....The suggestions that I gave you with the yoga, stretches, deep tissue massage, accupuncture, Physical Therapy, exercise regulary, keeping the core (your stomach) strong and keeping extra weight off your middle, ibuprofen, and a muscle relaxer if needed....were all suggested by the Osteopath that I saw before my Neurosurgeon to have this last sugery...my 3rd....

Although now, I am treated by my NS and my Pain Mgmt. Dr since the fusions.....Now that you are doing better after your surgery...the Osteopath can help with a total body/mind treatment for your muscle spasms....

Good luck...
Blessings,
Ingrid

Closed Thread