It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

bdancer HB User
Almost 8 weeks post op and few problems

at least from my neck!!

I live in upstate NY and we are having the snow storm of the year!! Yuck..I was housebound for weeks following acdf c5-6, 1-23-07 now I am house bound from this snow and last week from the flu that the whole town has had..when will I be able to get out Anyway...knock on wood,, I have very little if any pain (only when I drive and have to turn my head to the side really far) only wear soft collar in car and sometimes not even there.. I still notice if I get dehydrated that I get that caught in the throat sensation. I've walked evreyday and gone to gym a couple of times without problems.. I am very happy I had the surgery done.. it is incredible the difference it has made as far as decreased pain all over my body!! Good luck to all...talk to you later when they dig me out from under the mass of snow that will be my house by tomorrow!! bdnancer

Old 03-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
(female)

monarog HB User
Re: Almost 8 weeks post op and few problems

Bdancer...thanks for posting your positive results! I am 9 days away from my ACDF...getting nervous, just had a nightmare last night etc. This is just what I needed to read! I am hopeful this will help alleviate my pain, but mostly all of my crazy neuro symptoms that are so hard to tolerate. Glad to hear you're doing so well. I pray that continues for you. Wow...sorry to hear about your snowstorm...doesn't seem right when Spring is only a week or so away! Take Care. Mona

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
(female)

bdancer HB User
Re: Almost 8 weeks post op and few problems

Dear Mona et al

Hi!! Well the dig out continues we probably got between 1.5-2 feet of snow..Yuck! I am not coming to this site as much anymore because I am feeling better but it is important that newbies hear of good results and be encouraged so that is why I will try to continue to post sometimes... I think results depend upon so many factors.. my problems were from a trauma (car accident) and knock on wood I don't have any other health issues..but I really wonder now why I waited so long!! (of course I was SO scared also before surgery..just like you I had nightmares and made sure all my papers were in order etc) I won't kid you .. there is pain after surgery but looking back , I would do it again..I feel that a hundred pound sack has been lifted from my shoulders.. bye for now jean

Closed Thread