It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 06:45 AM   #1
(female)

deenie HB User
Feeling "click" in my neck/shoulder area

Even though I've had some pinched nerves diagnosed through an EMG, my problems have been mostly in my upper and lower back but don't show up on an MRI. I got sick of going to my orthopedist and want to find someone better since he wasn't doing much good and my spasms have decreased since I'm not carrying my kids around as much.

Over the last month or so I've noticed what I can only describe as feeling like a muscle or tendon is "clicking". Not audibly but it's a slight pain and then it feels like it moves and the pain goes away. I've never had any neck pain really although I've had stiff necks on occasion like everyone else. This is different though. It's the weirdest sensation. It's only on the left side, I don't feel any tenderness when I press there and it's happened a handful of times. It's right around my collarbone. I don't know it it's related to my spine at all but I figured I'd post on this board to see if anyone has had this experience. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User
Re: Feeling "click" in my neck/shoulder area

Hi, i see no one responded so I will.

There are times I get clicking in my neck. I notice it in certain kinds of weather more than other times. It is not painful for me when this happens. I have talked to the doctor about it, he explained it but I don't think I could do it justice but I'll try.

I think the net of it is that it can be an accumulation of gases in our soft tissues, there is a technical name for this, I think it is called crepitus. Sounds creepy doesn't it. The sound is created when two surfaces in the body come into contact - for example, in osteoarthritis (where the cartilage around joints has eroded away, and joints grind against each other). This might be something you are experiencing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
(female)

deenie HB User
Thanks

I don't know if it's the same but I've heard that term before. I've had it in my neck once in a blue moon but this is different. It's by my collarbone and literally feels like a tendon or something since there don't seem to be any bones where it's happening. It's not like the cervical bones clicking in my neck. It's lower, more towards my shoulder/chest. Anyway, I haven't had it in days and maybe it's gone. I'll keep this in mind though. I guess it's possible. Thanks for posting...

Old 05-31-2007, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

Sunshine008 HB User
I have that clicking, too!

Hi there,

I was just reading your post from awhile back about something clicking in your neck near your collarbone. OMG - I have that. In fact, I have it all over my body now and they don't know what it is. It's getting worse and causing a lot of pain now (after a year of that clicking/snapping) and I was hoping maybe your doc figured yours out. I can make it snap/click just by tensing my neck muscles in front - like I'm pulling up/flexing my neck with those muscles. It clicks more at times, less at times, and still goes away at times. But, it's doing it more than ever, now and I'm getting scared. It feels like my ligaments are disintegrating in my entire body. The docs have no clue.

I go in for another full body bone scan and mRi's of my entire spine next week. Let me know how you're doing and if you've figured otu what causes that clicking in your neck.

Sunshine

Old 06-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User
Re: I have that clicking, too!

Had that after my first surgery which was a posterior laminectomy c6/7. I did a series of pain shots and it worked for me................

Closed Thread