It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
(female)

quilter58 HB User
Talking I Too Am 8 Weeks Post Op - Doing Well

I am post op 8 weeks, from ACDF, MY OWN BONE, plate , screws & Miami J collar..........I am so glad I had the surgery, fixed the problems of my arm being numb and my hands,.......I was also having what I call "star bursts" of pain in my legs.......the neuro said my legs was not connected to what was going on with my neck.....MY PAIN IN THE LEGS IS GONE AFTER THE SURGERY .....my primary care says he believes it was connected to my neck...........

I am having some spasms in my shoulders but not as bad now........I will get my first xray on April 4th.......Still wearing hard collar until the end of April......Doc said I could use my soft collar at night .....BUT I am not using a collar at night ....... I may be wrong in doing so but my muscle spasms are not as bad since I started sleeping with no collar........

I haven't much time to spend thinking about myself....my mother who is in late stage cancer is needing alot of my time which I am glad to give her..

Good blessings to all on here ......especially to those ladies who had surgery in the week of Jan 21, 22, 23, 24th.......my thought are with you all,,,,,Ohio golfer hope all is well with you also .......I read your thread.........

Old 03-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
(female)

bdancer HB User
Re: I Too Am 8 Weeks Post Op - Doing Well

Dear Quilter

I am 8 weeks post op today too!! I have my final "check out" with the doc next tuesday where I suppose he will release me..over all I have been doing better all the time..I over did things yesterday so had a little bit of spasm in left shoulder last night..(but I really really did too much..lifting groceries, vaccuming, cleaning microwave out which is at head height, 2 miles on treadmill, lugging drycleaning etc and that was just in the morning!!) Good luck to all you ladies!! You are in my thoughts too.. bdancer (hope I can go back to belly dance next week after the doc relases me )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread