It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
(female)

Qtant36 HB User
Who mentioned Dr. JHO?

I was reading through the posts and saw someone mentioned Dr. JHO in Pittsburgh, PA. I can't find that post now. I was wondering who saw him, and for what exactly? I met with him yesterday. I need advice. Please help.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
(female)

poopoopadoop HB User
Re: Who mentioned Dr. JHO?

Hi,
I was just wondering how the appt. with Dr. Jho went. Do you recommend him?

Thanks
Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User

Out of all the different back boards that I've visited, I've only heard one negative about him. All the others (at least a dozen) were positive. Had I known of him before my 3 level ACDF, I would have seen him instead.

wb

Old 03-24-2007, 06:24 AM   #4
(female)

Qtant36 HB User

That is so good to hear...You have no idea.....I had my ACDF scheduled for this coming Wednesday at the Cleveland Clinic with a NS that I do really trust. I totally recommend him if you are having the fusion. However, I don't want the fusion unless I have to have it. I went and saw Dr. Jho in Pittsburgh and now have surgery scheduled with him. I may not have enough disc left in my C5/6 to last the rest of my life, but it may hold me over until disc replacement is the norm here in the states. Everything about the adjacent theory scares me. In my gut I know that if I have the fusion now I will have other problems down the road. I know that may sound silly (in my gut) but it's how I feel. I know the ACDF is the mainstream, and maybe someday I will have to have it, but if I can try something else first that's what I need to do. You know?

Old 03-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
(male)

bw67 HB User

that's my opinion on fusion too, best of luck

bw

Old 03-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
(female)

Qtant36 HB User

Thank you BW....So glad to hear you are doing well...

Old 03-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #7
(male)

MKA290 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtant36 View Post
That is so good to hear...You have no idea.....I had my ACDF scheduled for this coming Wednesday at the Cleveland Clinic with a NS that I do really trust. I totally recommend him if you are having the fusion. However, I don't want the fusion unless I have to have it. I went and saw Dr. Jho in Pittsburgh and now have surgery scheduled with him. I may not have enough disc left in my C5/6 to last the rest of my life, but it may hold me over until disc replacement is the norm here in the states. Everything about the adjacent theory scares me. In my gut I know that if I have the fusion now I will have other problems down the road. I know that may sound silly (in my gut) but it's how I feel. I know the ACDF is the mainstream, and maybe someday I will have to have it, but if I can try something else first that's what I need to do. You know?

Old 03-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #8
(male)

MKA290 HB User

I have a consultation with a ns at Cleveland Clinic as well. Then I will see Drr. Jho. What made you go with Jho after meeting with the NS at Cleveland?

Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
(female)

Qtant36 HB User

I really like the Cleveland Clinic and trust them. However, I don't want a fusion. I just don't think that's the right answer for me right now in my life. I may have to have it down the road, but I want to try something else first. If I do have to have something else down the road then hopefully artificial disc replacement will be an option...

Closed Thread