It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
(female)

stoutsabout2 HB User
New To Board...can You Help Me Find Answers

Hello,
I've Been Reading And Searching These Boards For Some Answers. Like Most Everyone Else, I Have Multiple Back/ Spine Problems. I Don't Want To Have The Total Lumbar Fusion Surgery. So I've Been Trying Every Thing Else.
Most Docs. Are Vauge And Quick With The Surgery Option. I Have Had My Lumbar And Sacrel Nerves Ablated, The Last Treatment Was 1 Week Ago, So I Guess The Continued Pain Is From The Remaining Problems, Stenosis, Spondylolistheisis, Ddd, Spuring, And So On.
I'm Going To A Pain Management Doc Now, After Trying A Nerosurgon, And 2 Orthopedic Surgons, But He Too Is Vauge On Pinpointing Things. I Don't Know What Stage My Spondy. Vert. Is, Or How Severe My Stenosis Is.
My Shins Are Almost Always Red And Hot, They Have Stoped Growing Hair, And I Get Cramps/ Spasams In Them Several Times A Day. Has Any One Else Had This? My Doc Doesnt Put People On Any Narco. Drugs , But Put Me On Zanaflex, And I Asked For Arthrotech For The ArthritIs And He Thinks Naprosyn 500 Is The Best !!!!!
I Am In A Rural Area, And Have To Travel 100 Miles To Get To Any Doc Of This Speciality, And He Is My Last Resort. I've Asked About The Drx 9000 Treatment, And He Said We Could Try It, But With These Problems It's Not Recomended, But If It Doesn't Hurt Me , It Could Help. Has Anyone Had Luck With This?
What Are The Epidural Shots? Can They Stop The Pain?
Every Thing I've Read On Stenosis, Goes From Pain Meds To Surgery, How Bout If You Don't Have The Surgery? Paralysis?
Thank You For Being Here,
Stoutsabout

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User
Re: New To Board...can You Help Me Find Answers

Epidurals gave me mixed results.first 3 great next 3 useless. Search this board for epidurals and you will get everyones' experience with them

See my "must read stupid therapies I have tried for my opinion of DRX9000
I did it faithfully had an Mri before and immediately after treatments and my disc were no better infact had dehydrated more.

Your Dr thinks Naprocyn is great? My sister was a rep with that company and it became an OTC drug called ALEVE. Aleve is naproxen sodium. Make sure you take on a full stomach.

Good Luck!

Old 03-24-2007, 02:39 AM   #3
(female)

stoutsabout2 HB User
Re: New To Board...can You Help Me Find Answers

Julyg,
Thanks For The Reply. I Go Back To Dr. In A Couple Weeks. The Ablation Helped A Little Bit, But Not Much. I'm Getting Pretty Depressed, And Hopeless About It All, The Epidural Shots Are Right Next To The Spinal Cord Aren't They? And Aren't They The Ones You Can Only Get 3 Times A Year?

Closed Thread