It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
(male)

cw_357 HB User
Question what could this be?

Hello all,
Could i get some advice? I'm a 40 y/o male, & in the past four years i've been falling apart. I haven't seen any doctors as of yet, but i'm planning to in the near future. My problems are like this, most of my pain is on the right side of my body, with the exception of the really bad headaches i get they are always on the left. I'm having this pain in my right hip, like it knots up &/or swells in a certain spot, & this makes it hard for me to walk. My lower back feels like it is in a vise. My legs feel like they weigh a ton on some days & i'm really tired all the time. In the past 6-8 months i've been losing the use my right arm, it's hard to lift & it just kinda hangs on my side. When i make a grip with my hand, i get this pain near my elbow. Feels like the muscle is pulling apart. This is very frustrating for me because in my line of work i need to use both my arms & now i can't. Also, there is a knot on my elbow that hurts pretty bad when i press on it. I have a similar knot on my right shoulder. My joints pop & grind. My neck & back is very stiff all the time & with all these things going on, i have no desire to do much of anything anymore. I'm missing work because some days i can barely move. A friend told me that it sounds like i may have RA but i just don't know. I do have a twist in 2 of my fingers but that doesn't bother me. I'm not really sure if this forum is the place for me to post my info? But, i'm in need of some kind of advice, my wife seems to be the only person that knows what i'm experiencing & my family thinks i'm crazy. All i know is this isn't normal for me, & i'm at my wits end. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks, CW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
Re: what could this be?

If I had the symptoms you mentioned, I would make an appt. with a rheumatologist and get examined. Because you mentioned your fingers were a problem, that sounds like it could be some sort of arthritis. It certainly couldnt hurt to see one.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: what could this be?

i DO think SKZ is right.since you haven't really delved into this much yet,and considering your type of symptoms,i really do think a good rheumy doc would be the best possible place to start.he or she,if they do to you what they did to me,will run a huge,i mean huge,list of blood tests,believe me when i say that i have had to have alot of blood tests in my life for alot of things,but none of them were even close to being so incredibly comprehensive and covered like 30 different types of possible conditions,mostly types that can cause some level of inflammatory responses.it was thorough,most definitely.this would at the very least,rule out alot of possibilitys for you at one time.then see what ,if anything actually shows and go accordingly.there is also seeing a neuro too.that,i would place as the second best person to see once you have been to the rheumy doc.

you will just have to start this process and see what pops up.unfortunetly,trying to really Dx anything is more detective work and testing than anything else.sometimes that can happen fast or way too slow,but it eventually should happen for you,then at least you will know more about what it is you are dealing with and can try treating the right way.good luck with this and please keep us posted on what you find out,K?Marcia

Closed Thread