It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

DELTA 22 HB User
Hi Newbie Can someone help with MRI report

I have bad leg pain now for a few years, my neck is all so far they have found wrong. I have to see a neosurg this week,

But I was wondering can this be why my legs hurt?

I dont hurt in my arms or neck??

Here is the MRI findings

c2 - c3 No Significant Findings

c3- c4 No Significant Findings

c4- c5 there is a central disk osteophyte complex. This does abut the anterior surface of the spinal cord.

c5- c6 there is a disk osteophyte complex that is central and eccentric to the right this disk osteophyte complex appears to abut the anterior surface of the spinal cord and compromises the right neural foramen

c6 - c7 there is a disk osteophyte complex eccentric to the right modestly compromising the right neural foramen

Opinion: prominent disk osteophyte complex that is central and eccentric to the right at c5 c6
this appears to abut the anterior surface of the spinal cord the anterior surface of the spinal cord.

central disk osteophyte complex at c4 c5 abutting the anterior surface of the spinal cord

disk osteophyte complex eccentric to the right c6 c7

Last edited by DELTA 22; 03-26-2007 at 06:04 PM.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User
Re: Hi Newbie Can someone help with MRI report

Its only my 3 years of personal pain and education and 2 surgeries about my spine that I answer your question. I am not a dr.

First, from your MRI it doesn't read that bad where I would say oh yes, this could be why your leg hurts. It says osteophytes "ABUT" not indent. Abut means adjacent to or near. If it said indent or compress I might say it would be contributing. I am sure others will chime in here with stories.

If you follow the dermatomes for the cervical levels you most likely would have pain on your right arm, shoulder, blade, and forearm and into wrist and maybe a little hand with this MRI from my experience with problems at C4,5,6,7.

There must be more to the story here, why did they do a cervical MRI and not a Lumbar? What exactly is the pain in your leg and where? Do you have any other symptoms, i.e. headaches, numbness, tingling.... etc? Did you have any neurological signs in a physical exam?

If you post more maybe we can understand your situation more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2007, 04:47 AM   #3
(female)

DELTA 22 HB User
Re: Hi Newbie Can someone help with MRI report

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckpatient View Post
Its only my 3 years of personal pain and education and 2 surgeries about my spine that I answer your question. I am not a dr.

First, from your MRI it doesn't read that bad where I would say oh yes, this could be why your leg hurts. It says osteophytes "ABUT" not indent. Abut means adjacent to or near. If it said indent or compress I might say it would be contributing. I am sure others will chime in here with stories.

If you follow the dermatomes for the cervical levels you most likely would have pain on your right arm, shoulder, blade, and forearm and into wrist and maybe a little hand with this MRI from my experience with problems at C4,5,6,7.

There must be more to the story here, why did they do a cervical MRI and not a Lumbar? What exactly is the pain in your leg and where? Do you have any other symptoms, i.e. headaches, numbness, tingling.... etc? Did you have any neurological signs in a physical exam?

If you post more maybe we can understand your situation more.
I had MRI's of the whole spin my T area and L area are fine. I dont have pain in my arm. I had a flare up over 4 years ago with my arm but after PT, I have been fine.

My legs hurt non stop, just a bad ache that will not let up. I dont have any headaches .. I did have a brain MRI also that was clear.

I have numbing and tingling all over. I also have what I call nerve zigs all over. My feet burn non stop worse at night. I'm 45 and healthy except for these things going on. I also have numbing in my forehead, I have appointment with neosurg tomorrow.

Closed Thread