It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
(female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User
Question-unexplained bruising

Hello,

I've recently been diagnosed with DDD. My MRI showed moderate to severe DDD in the L5/S1 region with a large bulging disk. It is pressing on a nerve which is causing me problems in my left leg and now a little on the right. I've tried to be so careful with my back since this diagnosis but for some reason it is getting worse. I have a lot of pain in my left calf that is almost spasmotic. I see a neurosurgeon on Tuesday but in the meantime I'm scared about all this tingling. Another new symptom I noticed is unexplained bruising on my left leg. One is near the bottom of my left buttock and the others blotchy looking on my thigh and in the calf where I'm having the pain. I read another post that mentions bruising can be from ibuprofen. I have been taking some of it, a generic brand. I usually take Motrin which has never caused me trouble so I'm suspicous of it. It is strange though that I have no bruising on the right side. Does anyone know what this bruising could be about? Is it also unsafe for me to walk outside for some exercise with this condition? My doctor said I needed to call them only if I experienced constant numbness or weakness in my leg and said only to be careful lifting things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm so depressed. I used to exercise and now I can do nothing. I'm in a lot of pain if I do simple things.

Thanks.

Closed Thread