It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
(male)

paradiddle HB User
Tinnitus - ear ringing - Post Op ACDF

I am about 24 days post op from 3 level acdf. About 1 week after op I started to get a constant ear-ringing. It's not excruciating but I was wondering if anyone else had this condition. I have told my NS at last visit. He asked if I was taking any advil, which I am not. I started out on oxycodone, then went to hydrocodone and now just tylenol .

It sounds more like crickets.

Last edited by paradiddle; 08-22-2007 at 07:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 10-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chablis3 HB User
Re: Tinnitus - ear ringing - Post Op ACDF

Hi Paradiddle, Just found your post on ringing in the ears. I haven't had any operations so far, but do have severe degenerative disc disease in the neck area. When I first began having problems, about two years ago, I noticed I was having a strange buzzing sound throughout my head. I also have a numb, squeezing sensation in the lower skull area, along with headaches at times. The buzzing sensation is always there, and is very annoying. I had started taking blood pressure pills around that same time, and was blaming the buzzing sensation on the pills. I went off them for a few months, and the buzzing was still there. So, therefore, I am pretty sure it is all from my neck problems. Even though you have had surgery, I am wondering if maybe the ear ringing is from "things" being disturbed during the surgery.....muscles, nerves, etc.? Maybe it will go away as time goes on; when things settle down a bit in your body. I hope so!

Just wanted to tell you my experience. Hope your doing well otherwise. Take care!

Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
(male)

paradiddle HB User

I'm having the ear-ringing as we speak - more like a high pitched buzz...

The only medication that I see that could cause it was ibuprofen which I am not taking at all because of the fusion process...

I'm not so worried, don't know what's causing it, doesn't bother me a lot...

Old 10-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

chablis3 HB User

Hi! Yes, I am also having the "buzzing" as we speak!!! Mine just never goes away. When my neck hurts a lot, it seems the buzzing is worse. But, if your not taking the ibuprofen, I would think it isn't that. I know a lot of drugs are ototoxic and can cause ear damage, like some anti-biotics, but I never thought ibuprofen could do it. I'm not sure if the oxycodone or hydrocodone could cause ear problems, but since your off them, couldn't be that either. I haven't found anything to relieve the buzzing I am having. I doubt if there is anything to help my problem short of an operation, which I might have to face one day. Glad to hear your not bothered too much by it; some days it gets to me!!

Take care!

Closed Thread