It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 06:38 AM   #1
(female)

mcarr36 HB User
SCS surgery today

I did not sleep a wink last night. I have so much on my mind. Surgery has never really worked out as expected for me. But, I really need this to work. I hope that my new spinal cord implant will work at least as well as the last one did (before the leads migrated). I hope the scar tissue is not too big of an issue and that the leads are secured in a better way. I am prepared for the pain and the swelling and bruising. I am prepared for the 8 weeks of doing almost nothing. Being off of work is a financial hardship. I am a sales rep. I have worked on commission for 22 years. When I am away from my territory I lose business. My husband is unable to work because he is very sick. I have had 4 years of constant pain, PT, procedures and surgeries. I have come a long way and I pray that everything will work out. I always pray for all of you spineys too!
Melissa

Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chatterboxsd HB User
Re: SCS surgery today

Oh, Melissa! I hope it went smoothly for you! I'm reading this at 7 pm, so you're probably done now... Please let me know how you're feeling when you can. I'll send you positive thoughts!

I just moved from San Diego to San Francisco - say hi to the sun for me 'cuz I'm in the fog now.

- Margaret

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User

I am praying for your swift recovery. I believe most of us cannot afford to be out of work for 8 wks. My husband is a realtor (which in todays market means no income now) and I went back to work after a 3 week recovery period from a 2 level fusion and paralzed vocal cord as a "complication of surgery". I too am in sales and fully understand your worries.

Please know I am sending you all positive thoughts, prayers and know you will have a speedy recovery.

July

Old 08-29-2007, 07:25 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Mcarr,

I hope all went well with your surgery and hopr you will have a quick recovery!!!

Yes...after being on WC for many years I am very familiar with financial hardship. I am not married so thank God I have a great family that has helped in supporting me. If it was not for my Mom's help I would be living in a car or something....just kidding!!!

I know it is tough and wish you all the best...

Chrissy

Old 08-30-2007, 10:05 AM   #5
(female)

mcarr36 HB User
Re: SCS surgery Done!

Wow, I made it through. New leads and a new remote control. (kept my battery) Surgery was very painful. When they woke me up to test the leads I was crying like crazy. I could feel my back was open and the doctor was tugging on scar tissue. I had a bad headache too. They had to hold my legs down because I was kicking from the pain. Good news is that I have good coverage for my arm and the top of my shoulder. Better than before! I have to be very careful for the next couple of months to make sure that the leads stay put. I never want to go through anoither scs revision surgery! I will go back to the doctor tomorrow to have a "wound check". I must admit that my incisions are larger and really grusome looking. I am very swollen and purple. But, I see no signs of infection. I am taking a stronger pain med for now and it is the best they can do for me. I am in pain and uncomfortable. The neck brace is a drag. I know I will get better every day. Thanks for all of your support!!
Melissa

Closed Thread