It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
(male)

ksc2231 HB User
MRI results...Please help

I injured my back 6-3-07 have been out of work since. Lumbar MRI picked up protusion at T11-T12 that distorts chord. My doc says surgery is out of the question. Had an Epidural around Aug 1st. which did not help. Dr. ordered thoracic MRI which I cannot make heads or tails about. My next appointment is mid Sept. Can someone Please help me decipher this and ease my mind?

Findings: Mild Anterior Wedging of T11-12 with 20% body height loss with no significant Marrow edema.Multilevel Schmorl's nodes throughout Thoracic Spine.Multilevel disc desiccation signal with height loss prevalent atT4-5,T6-7,T11-12, T12-L1, Posterior disc osteophytosis seen at each of those levels which results inmild flattening of left ventral thecal sac. Mild central canal stenosis at T11-12 Likely small disc protrusionsat each level most prominent at left parasagittal position at T11-12.Mild bilateral multilevel Neural forminal encroachment at Lower thoracic spine. There is a Benign appearing 1.7cm Hemangioma within the left aspect of T9 level.
Most of these findings were included in Impression so I will not type the impression.
Any help appreciated...BTW 1st MRI was in June and was of Lumbar spine...Found T11-12 to be protruding, contacting and distorting the spinal chord.....Thanks Shane

Last edited by ksc2231; 08-29-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: New title

Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
(male)

ksc2231 HB User
Re: Disc Protrusion at T11-12

I did post this in the correct forum I hope....I read thoracic injuries go here....Anyway...Thanks...Shane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
(male)

ksc2231 HB User

Is anybody out there that can help?

Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hello Shane,

My name is Chrissy and I can't really explain what your MRI is saying but I can tell you that in the past MRI's that I have had I went and di a goole search on some of the words and phrases that were in the report.

I then went to images and searched for images of MRI's with some of the fimdings in my report.
I actually got to see other images on there and I was able to pick similarities out in them.

I am so sorry that no one has replied. Please don't be discouraged!!

Maybe try reposting with a heading of "MRI results have questions and need help???"
I think that if you do that maybe more folks will take a look.
I personally don't have any similar things other than I have bulging discs that have broad based central protrusion...I had to do a search about that.

Anyway Hang in there

Chrissy

Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
(male)

ksc2231 HB User
Re: help reading MRI

Thanks Chrissy..Have been googling a lot...Not much on thoracic spine though...Anyway Maybe someone else could help....Thanks again....Shane

Old 08-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

chatterboxsd HB User

Hi, ksc. I don't know what all that means either - there's a lot! I have thoracic problems, but not as much as you. I had fusion surgery last Feb. on t6-7 because of a herniated disc. I tried everything before that (land PT, water PT, chiro, acupuncture, yoga, rest, ice, heat, meds, etc). Now my problems are probably twice as bad. So, had I known, I wouldn't have had the surgery, but my crystal ball wasn't working then!

Have you looked at the Back Problems section of this website? It's a lot more active, though more focused on lower backs. As you know, thoracic is more unusual, but folks on there might know some of that vocabulary. It's a great, supportive bunch.

So, I'm assuming you're meeting with a spine doctor in Sept. Also, if you're in pain, try to get an appointment with a pain management doctor and maybe physical therapy, too. They can read your MRI and report, too. When managing these back issues, it can move things along faster if you can get a couple irons in the fire at the same time. Otherwise it really does take forever to get anything done.

I don't know what you were hoping for, but there are lots of treatments besides surgery. Have you tried or looked into them?

Stay in touch on this board or on Back Problems,
Margaret

Closed Thread