It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

greenacres HB Usergreenacres HB Usergreenacres HB User
Sciatica - no "leg" pain - but burning feet? (m)...

can sciatica cause no leg pain but burning feet? I have had leg sciatica before on the right (beenthrough the MRI's/ESI's/SI Joint Injections and such). But now I have burning feet more on the right than the left. Could this be a form of sciatica? I'm going through a lot right now- testing for MS, they say I don't have MS right now. They put me on gabapentin (neurotonin) for my burning feet which is not helping. Any idea if this could be coming from lumbar region (again!) ? Thanks.

PS, here's my last lumbar MRI taken November 05.

Signal intensity normal. L2/L3 - Normal. L3/L4 - Mild bilateral facet arthropathy. L4/L5 - Mild generalized bulging of the annulus fibrosis with small central disk herniation. This causes mild mass impression on the ventral aspect of the thecal sac without causing significant spinal or neural foraminal stenosis. L5/S1 - There is a small central disk herniation with transverse parameter of herniated disk measuring only approximately 5mm. This comes in contact with the ventral aspect of the thecal sac without causing spinal or neural foraminal stenosis.

Impression: Small central disk herniation at the L4/L5 and L5/S1 levels without causing significant spinal or neural foraminal stenosis.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
(male)

duaneo36 HB User
Re: Sciatica - no "leg" pain - but burning feet? (m)...

I have had the same problem with my feet for 9 yrs. The pain is much worse in the right foot. I can't wear socks or shoes or even have the bedsheet touch my feet. They are also cold all the time. I was diagnost with CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) originally and after an MRI the pain doctor at UCLA thinks it's from my lower back. I just had an injection (Transforaminal ESI with Fluoro Guidance for Lumbar Sacral Spondylosis Radculitis) done Dec 20th. It was no help with my foot pain. However, the doctor has me scheduled for 2 more injections, 30 days apart. He claims that works for 70% of people with the burning feet. If that doesn't work then they will install a spinal cord stimulator. I'll let you know if the next injection helps my feet. It is scheduled for Jan 17th. You may want to try Lyrica or Cymbalta, they didn't work for me but who know?
Hope this help!
Duane

Last edited by duaneo36; 12-31-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread