It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

klogfo HB User
Question Bilateral Uncovertebral Joint Spondylosis

Help - Looking for information,

Brief History - I have had pain,tingling, numbness in my arms for the past 7 years - doctors diagnosed me with carpal tunnel syndrom, and tendinitis - each time - about a year and a half ago I was reaching for something and my left arm went completly numb, this scared me so I researched it and finally went to a Chiropractor - after about 2 weeks of adjustments I started feeling better. I felt much better. But after awhile , my adjustments were not staying - and I began getting more pain in both sides of my upper body. My Chiropractor ordered an MRI thinking I may have more problems than initially thought -

My Chiropractor did go over the results with me - but I am still not sure about some things, my Report is as follows:

"Impression :

Moderate degenerative changes at C5-6 With bilateral spondylosis resulting in severe bilateral neural forminal encroachment, with compressed C6 nerves within the neural formina bilaterally.
Moderate degenerative changes at C6-7 resulting in severe left neural forminal encroachment with compressed left side nerve within the neural formina.
Mild kyphosis for the cervical spine suggesting muscular spasm."

My MRI says "demonstrates bilateral uncovertebral joint spodylosis" I cant really find any information on this particular condition. I find spondylosis - but not pertaining to this specific condition - also when I made my apponitment to see the Neurologist they made if for six weeks from now - is that to long to wait to see someone with the findings in my report.
Thanks for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User
Re: Bilateral Uncovertebral Joint Spondylosis

Hi - I see you have no replies so I'll take a real quick add here.

You have what's known as spinal osteoarthritis, (spondylosis) and what you really need to do is read about the spine anatomy and you will undrstand the parts. Basically you have arthritic bone growth narrowing the neural foramens, these are little canals where the nerve roots take off from your spinal cord to go to your other body parts, like arms. Having severe narowing is most surely causing your bad arm pain. They will check this out. I too had compressed C6-7 and it hurt like worst pain of my life. Usually when you have spondylosis like this you will have arthritic bone growth within the other joints as well, that is what it is talking about on you.

Don't be surprised if they recommend surgery soon because of the severe compression. You might be a candidate for a less invasive surgery if they recommend surgery, you could ask if you are a candidate for Foraminotomy.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

klogfo HB User
Re: Bilateral Uncovertebral Joint Spondylosis

Thank you very much - for your help - You explained it very well -
I will do my homework on spine anatomy -

Closed Thread