It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

ThyGoddess HB User
Crushing upper back pain

I was told to come here from the back problems board

I often have that crushing pain in my upper back. It seems to be between my shoulderblades, but I'd say that it is lower... It feels as if I'm having a massive heartburn... In my back!

Anyone has any idea what this could be? Anyone can relate?? Maybe because of my computer?

The Following User Says Thank You to ThyGoddess For This Useful Post:
mazakis27 (08-13-2011)
Old 02-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Crushing upper back pain

this could be stemming from many different posssibilities.have you had this pain evaluated by your doc yet?obtaining a c spine series or even including the upper T spine too would at least give a good look at the spinal structure itself.but getting an MRI would be even better.just what does this pain actually present like and do you have any other symptoms or pain in the neck area?if you could define 'crushing' it would help a bit.Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User

Hi, go see your primary care doc. It could be as simple as strain, or gallstones or something else. When you have something that continues for so long you should get it checked. Good luck.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
(female)

ThyGoddess HB User

Well, it isn't always there. It can strike on and off. Like, I can be days without pain and suddenly it starts back.

Now the odd thing is that it's always when I'm at the computer or when I'm playing a video game...

The best description I can give of "crushing" is that it's as if I was being hugged by a 300 pounds musclefreak.

I went to see a doc today, he sends me for an echography of my... um. kidneys. Even if he admits that's much higher than the kidneys. Oh hum.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:23 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Marywoo HB User

hi i have pain in same area dr actually checked my lungs and it turned out it was coming from bulging disc in neck that was pushing nerve on my spine.the only thing they could do for me was cervical and thorasic epidural injections.they have helped some what. iam so sorry u are having that pain i know it is excruciating. i hope yours gets better.they found mine with mri.xray of lungs were fine thank god. hope this helps. marywoo

Closed Thread