It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Upper Right Side Back Pain~ Popping

Hi all~
Im usually on the pain board, but Ive been having the WORST pain in my upper right side in my back. Its a popping almost as if something is "out." You can actually see it popping out when I move my arm. You can hear it too.
If I stand still and move my right arm either bent or straight down, from front to back, there is a horrible popping in my middle back by my shoulderblade that is just terrible.
I got an MRI and my doc told me I had disc probs in my neck, ect from a car accident, but IM not sure of the discs, so I cant tell you which ones they are. they are in my right side neck...How can this be the cause of my back popping? Also riding in the car with my right arm resting on the console absolutely kills my shouldrer/back and i have jabbing/searing pains down my shoulder and arm to my fingertips.
Anyway does ANYone have any ideas? Ive been on meds, done PT, ect and I tried to play basketball with my son the last two days and I cant even get my arm on the right side above my shoulder. Ive had some numbness and funky tingle pains in my right shoulder/ arm as well. Im not keep on chiorpractors either. Im sure there are good ones, but every time Ive EVER gone to one, Ive come out worse., seriously.
I have an appt with an ortho tomorrow... I just wanted alll of your advice.
I feel like I should be going to a chiorpractor b/c of the intense "popping" there, but I have way way more faith in the ortho. Its right in the middle next to my spine at shoulder blade level.. There is so much knowledge here on this board, so Im hoping I can get some feedback before tomorrow morning. Thank you for reading my post~

Many thanks!!!
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 09-09-2008 at 06:40 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to IZZY'SMOM:
mariastar56 (07-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mznell HB User
Re: Upper Right Side Back Pain~ Popping

Hi Izzy's Mom,

Most of us on the board would tell you to avoid the chiropractor for now, until you see the ortho and really find out what's going on. Some chiropractors are honorable and will tell you if they can't or shouldn't treat you, but others believe they can handle anything. Some situations can really be made worse by inappropriate treatment...so, just wait.

Usually when there is a popping it is a ligament type problem. I'm not that familiar with the upper back, scapula area, but it sounds like it could be something there. There are other reasons for tingling, but it can also suggest a compressed nerve, possibly at the T1 level.

Let us know what the doc says tomorrow!!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Thank you so much...I really appreciate the post. Even though I have an appt, I still want to hear what all of you have to say. I hope ill get more responses tonite. I hope you have a pain free evening, thank you again!
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

You thread has been relocated to the spinal cord disorder message board. Upper back or cervical problems should be posted on the spinal board. The back board is for lumbar back pain.

Thank you.
Mod 08

Closed Thread