It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
(female)

susu2007 HB User
Straightening of the cervical spine

Hello everyone,

I have a straightening of the cervical spine and a collage of symptoms. I would love to hear from anyone who has suffered from this and find out what their symptoms are.

Thanks so much

Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
(male)

BackPainMan HB User
Re: Straightening of the cervical spine

I have been seeing a chiropractor for a few months for lower back pain and recently started having some neck clicking and mild pain. We did x-rays and my c spine is also straight. The chiro is trying to "put the curve back in" by having me lie on a rolled towel 15 minutes before I go to bed each night. My main symptoms are just clicking when I turn my head left only (very annoying by the way), some tightness and mild pain. I have also been having shoulder pain but am not sure if that's related or not since I have been weight training a lot and it may just be overuse. What are your symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susu2007 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a straightening of the cervical spine and a collage of symptoms. I would love to hear from anyone who has suffered from this and find out what their symptoms are.

Thanks so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
(male)

Jcon2005 HB User
Re: Straightening of the cervical spine

I was told that this is what I have 2 days ago....

2 years ago I started having pain in some of my upper back muscles (Teres minor and major, Traps, and Lats) I went to my primary Dr. and he said prolly muscle spasems/muscle strain... He sent me to PT but that didnt help.

About a year ago I finaly got an MRI, and the Dr. that reviewed it said that my C-5 disc was "slightly buldging" and that it was prolly refered pain in my muscles from the disc. He said to take anti-inflammatorys to ease the pain and swelling and that in time the body would basicly work itself out.

Present day, the pain has not gone away at all and anti-inflams do not ease the pain one bit. I finaly made an appt. to see an orthopedic surgeon, and went in 2 days ago..... We reviewed my MRI and he said that my Cervical spine was abnormally straight, especially for my age (22) he said it could have been from a past car wreck.... He prescribed me Phys. Therapy 3x a week for the next 4 weeks (Core strengthening, Back strengthening, full body strengthening and also somekind of streaching therapy) I start on monday and he said that at first I wont notice much relief, but I have to stick with it and the pain will get better and then go away.

Symptoms: Muscles in my back, mainly (teres minor and major, trapezius, latissimus dorsi) constantly feel strained and inflamed. When I do alot of daily activities (take out the trash, wipe a window, wash my hair in the shower) It will make these muscles feel even more inflamed!!! Certian areas are VERY sensitive to touch!!!! Like if some one were to press on my Teres minor muscle it would prolly make me drop to my knees in pain...... It is a very deep, dull feeling pain... I can not lift weights, and the Orth. Surg. said that he doesent even want me to do things like shoot a basketball untill I have done my PT........

Are you in the same boat at all??

I also started going to the chiropractor a few days ago and he says that he can help re-allign my back and help mold my cervical spine to get it to curve again.... He also said that their are alot of things I can do at home that will help, such as rolling up a towel and laying my neck on it to try to help get that curve back....

Let me know what you thoughts are........

Closed Thread