It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

SGT A HB User
MRI results, ouch

Howdy all,

New to the board but no stranger to pain. I've been experiencing muscle spasms and back pains for around 8 years now and just recently a doctor finally took the time to examine me. (typical military treatment of back pain is "take a motrin, drink water, walk it off soldier...) She schedule some x-rays and MRI's and as soon as the results came back, she scheduled me to see a Neural Surgeon for further guidance of the pain/problem.

I am however not exactly a brain surgeon and figured since a large majority of this board has had / is experiencing pains similar to mine...that maybe you could lend some insight to my readings and images...

Quote:
IMPRESSION: Multilevel moderate-to-severe disk protrusions that results in mass effect upon the right and left nerve roots, as described below.

C1-C2 UNREMARKABLE

C2-C3 UNREMARKABLE

C3-C4 Moderate sized broad based right paracentral disk protrusion that results in mild to moderate narrowing of the central spinal canal, right lateral recess and right neural foramina. There is mild mass effect upon the right exiting nerve root.

C4-C5 Moderate sized broad based right paracentral disk protrusion that results in mild to moderate narrowing of the central spinal canal, right lateral recess and right neural foramina. There is mild mass effect upon the right exiting nerve root.

C5-C6 Large broad based left paracentral disk protrusion that results in moderate to severe severe narrowing of the left lateral recess and moderate to severe mass effect upon the left exiting nerve root.

C6-C7 UNREMARKABLE

C7-C8 UNREMARKABLE

IMPRESSION: Mild-to-moderate sized disk protrustions with mild mass effect upon the right exiting nerve roots at T6-T7 and T8 levels.

C7-T1 UNREMARKABLE

T1-T2 UNREMARKABLE

T2-T3 UNREMARKABLE

T3-T4 UNREMARKABLE

T4-T5 UNREMARKABLE

T5-T6 UNREMARKABLE

T6-T7 Mild to moderate sized right paracentral disk protrusions that results in mild to moderate narrowing of the right lateral recess and neural foramina. There is mild mass-effect upon the right exiting nerve root within the right lateral recess.

T7-T8 Mild to moderate sized right paracentral disk protrusions that results in mild to moderate narrowing of the right lateral recess and neural foramina. There is mild mass-effect upon the right exiting nerve root within the right lateral recess.

T8-T9 Mild to moderate sized posterior central disk protrusion that abuts the ventral surface of the spinal cord. there is no mass effect upon the bilateral exiting nerve roots.

T9-T10 UNREMARKABLE

T10-T11 UNREMARKABLE
Any insight is greatly appreciated

***EDIT***
Have been going to chiropractors and physical therapists for years. Problem slighly gets better but any simple action like sneezing can set off a muscle spasm or lock up my joints...

SGT Andrus

Last edited by SGT A; 10-08-2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: no pics, my bad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread