It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 03:34 AM   #1
(female)

jaslene67 HB User
pins and needles/body weakness

I have been having these symptoms since nov 2006. Seen neurologists but they dismissed mine as stress. It started one midnight when i got up to go to the toilet, my legs went heavy with pins and needles, was able to walk but with little sensation. Subsequently, i was unable to talk properly. Went to A&E but discharged me. Prior to this event, my cervical neck area was painful, I had headache, suddenly I felt cold and weak. From then on, I have been having tingling sensatin on limbs and face. Sometimes i feel weak, whole body. I also have pins and needles when i sit for long or use the pc.

My legs and hands also feel heavy just like after one over exercise and the muscles become sore, that kind of feeling. When i lie down to sleep on my back or sides, my hands got pins and needles. My legs too have pins and needles. I feel tired and weak. I even have burning sensation on my limbs. I had a second attack nov 2007- pins and needles, very intense, weakness and went to a&e. Could not diagnose anything wrong with me and was discharged. Area near the whole spine was sore most of the time and this makes the tingling worse. Before my menses, my symptoms worsen. Please advise. Thanks.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Re: pins and needles/body weakness

I have somewhat simliar issues they say its stress. However, I have migratory pains in my extremeties, vibrating and tingling in left foot on and off, right eye pain, full body muscle twitches and now my pointer finger has been numb.

I do have c spine stenosis but drs are not sure that is the cause of my problems will see NS in Nov for an consult

All other tests come back clear...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread