It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
(male)

brandon408 HB User
T9 Compression Fracture

ive had back pain since august, and just recently after numerous tests, i find out that i have a compression fracture.
my doctor is suprised that the fracture is non traumatic.
the pain hurts in my upper back as well in my neck, and also its started to recently hurt on my side, ribcage area.
my arms and shoulders feel very dead, what i mean by this is like if i keep my arms up for even a minute it starts to hurt, im not sure why this is happening.
the tests that ive taken dont show any cause of why i have a fracture, will i ever know through tests?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: T9 Compression Fracture

Have you had CT and/or MRI done? If you have and have the results handy let us know what it says in the conclusions section.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 AM   #3
(female)

krazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB User
Re: T9 Compression Fracture

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon408 View Post
im not sure why this is happening.
the tests that ive taken dont show any cause of why i have a fracture, will i ever know through tests?
Compression fractures are typically from blunt force (a hard fall, a hard hit). Bone fragments sometimes splinter out, then some just collapse/compress. They should be able to determine if the fracture is new or old from your tests.

Kyphoplasty is a fairly new procedure where they inject (a sort-of plaster) and blow the vertebra back up. Its minimally invasive (like two or three 1/2 inch cuts). Of course this method is dependent upon the date of injury and type of fracture and for this reason may not be an option for you. However, if they do mention kyphoplasty, the recovery is a fairly quick.

The area of compression is 'probably' aggravating nerve passages in that area. This, in turn, will aggravate muscles. Your shoulders and upper back are governed by (sp?) trigeminial muscles so IMO it makes sense that youre hurting (or weak) in those places. As for your neck.. your spine is out-of-sync so this doesnt surprise me either. To be safe Id certainly mention it to the doc tho.

Closed Thread