It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

jenn7273 HB User
Lump on lower back of neck

I have this lump, located at the lower part of my neck. It's pretty large (about the size of my fist). I have been in several car accidents a few years back and threw out my back completely. My lower back is still in pain (always on the right side) and I'm wondering if the lump has something to do with that? The lump doesn't hurt but it's bugging me and I can't wear my hair up when I wear a strapless dress. Any ideas? I go for a massage on a regular basis and I do get adjustments at the chiropractor but neither on of them has mentioned it to me before. Should I be worried? Thank you!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
(male)

BackHelper HB User
Re: Lump on lower back of neck

Sometimes it can be a problem - othertimes it's ok. It sounds like your dorsal fat pad (That's the name i believe) may be enlarged for some reason. This can be due to trauma or injury or abuse over time. It could also be fluid build up or even a cyst. Have your chiro check it next time and see if he deems an MRI as necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
(female)

jenn7273 HB User
Re: Lump on lower back of neck

Thank you so much! It doesn't hurt but it's there and I don't like it. I'll definitely ask the chiro when I see him next. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackHelper View Post
Sometimes it can be a problem - othertimes it's ok. It sounds like your dorsal fat pad (That's the name i believe) may be enlarged for some reason. This can be due to trauma or injury or abuse over time. It could also be fluid build up or even a cyst. Have your chiro check it next time and see if he deems an MRI as necessary.

Closed Thread