It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

Sens123 HB User
Unhappy hi i'm a newbie here and have VERY bad Headaches

hello thanks for stopping bye @ my post i found this website bye looking for information on headaces and pain from spinal problems. today i go for another MRI on my cervail spine and i think all my doctors don't have a clue wants going on with my body, ive been to doctors for the last 11-years who say your too young to have these problems with your spine and have had a few laff @ me .....or you need to lose some weight uhm if you cant walk and you are legally disabled bye your state how can someone say walk around more and lose some weight doens't make sense to me ,needless to say there not my doctor anymore.
i was assulted 11 years ago bye my ex husband who i was married to for 15 years along with the spine hurting all the time i also have Ptsd,depression,anextiy disorder, panice attacks.i think if i just had the ptsd,etc i think in time i could move on but with what he did to me and the pain i'm in every second of the day 24/7 it seems a lot hard to move on.
i'm taking 0xycod/apap 7.5-500 mg that does nothing for the pain and the headace im having along with waking up every day with my fingers going numb is also something new
this is a list of things that i have gotten done and still dont have a answer : im new to this site and i am having very bad headaces and i dont know what to do i saw a new doctor on friday and i have to have another MRI done tommorow as follows below :

Diagnois Lumbar spine-Myelopathy-3/27/2009

Mri Lumbar Spine-3/16/2009
Disc Bulge L1-2,L2-3,-L3-4,L4-5,and L5-S1 levels
formainal disc herniation @ L3-4 & L4-5
Scoliosis of lumbar spine
Bialateral Facet Hypertrophy @ L4-5 @L5-S1 Levels

Domestic Violence Assaulted on 7/20/1998

11/1/1997 Seronegative rheumatism
11/22/1995 traumatic prepatellar bursitsis left knee
Osteoarthritis

is there anyone on this website that can help me please.............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
(female)

rovixa HB User
Re: hi i'ma a newbie here and have VERY bad Headaces

hi
I'm newboie
I'm basma 19
and I need some help
I want a pic of the trigeminal tract pathway
can any 1 help me plz

Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

welcome a board.
If your having another MRI done, which is what I gather from your post hopefully it includes the cervical. I am no doctor but the symptoms could point to cervical. I have the headaches as do a couple others, pain meds help these very little or not at all.
You will get responses for lumbar problems on the back board & cervical & thoracic on this board. I have lumbar problems to but am focused on the cervical for now. I am not sure if problems in the lumbar can trigger headaches but I often wonder if the spinal fluid is interrupted anywhere in the spine if that could present problems such as headaches.
Alot of us have had doctors that just dont do their job so your not alone there. I am not sure age would have anything to do with it if there is possable injury, so I find the comment about age ignorant.
If your getting an MRI you may get more responses if you come back & post the results on the report.
Can you describe the headaches you are experiancing? Some have luck with meds targeted for migraines over pain meds, or even a medication specifically for headaches. Headache pain to me is the worst to have to deal with, hard to function at all. Hopefully you get some answers soon, I sympathize with what your going through. Good luck, Sammy

Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
(female)

Sens123 HB User

Update :
why would a radiologists ask me after a MRI last nite if i had cancer ?
i'me new here kinda and im also been scared to talk on pc i guess that comes with being abused for 14 yrs.not been able to voice my opion here goes i had a mri last nite of my cervical spine and 1 out of 2 radiolgists asked me as i was coming out of the mri machine do you have cancer well i thought he said that and i said yes my mom had cancer he said no.
do you have cancer and i said no and then he asked me to get changed and wait in the waiting room for the mri copys of film. so now im starting to painc and having panic attacks as i am waiting there after about 15-mins the radiolgists hands me the film and i asked him ( why did you ask me if i had Cancer) he then said have you had trauma to yourself and i said about 12 yrs ago, he said no,ugh now about about to cry it seemed like he was fishing around i asked him again why ask me if i had cancer ,he then said well uhm lets wait to see what the report says i can pick up my report of friday with the other MRI i had done on 3-16-2009 and also film i had on 5-27-2007.he said that a dr had to read all my reports and then make up a report on these findings...UM i have never had a radiologists ask or tell me anything as i would have had a xray and i thought that it wans't there duty to say anythnig to a paintent

can any one help me plz

Old 04-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

I am so sorry that happened to you, really no they should not have said anything at all. Now dont panic. I myself had a scare like that after a mammagram, actually just like yours. I did have to go through some more testing & no cancer. You dont know how qualified these people are to even comment so please just try to relax & I can say I understand your fears for once. You cant accomplish anything by worrying, stress will only add to your pain . Tell yourself that & Wait to see what the report says. If indeed nothing is mentioned on the report about cancer you will have worried for nothing. I will keep you in my prayers, Sammy

Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Take solace in the fact that I've often had techs and radiologists read an MRI - interpret it one way - and then my physician reviews it and says they were way off.

After having surgery last Spring my spine surgeon had me do an MRI last fall. I do the MRI, I get home, and 2 hours later (late on a Friday) my doctor's office calls and says "we need you to do stat blood tests". So I get panicked, do the tests, the findings say I may have a massive infection. And 2 days later I got the answer....no, what they saw was NOT an infection but the hardware I have in my neck. This after I made sure they were aware of my two past neck surgeries.

So it's possible some of the past trauma you suffered may have resulted in something as simple as scar tissue - which may show up on things like CT or MRI as "different". So they wonder what it is. Ideally they just would have been more general and acted as if they forgot to ask ... something like "Ma'am, just wanted to clarify, do you have any current or recent medical conditions, illnesses, or accidents that we should be aware of?"

Old 04-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
(male)

MRJJ HB User

I found learning the meditation techniques as practiced in Yoga and Buddhist meditation invaluable in managing constant pain. It has also helped me center myself and become more mentally balanced. It was essential to my recovery process.

Whilst it will not cure your injuries it will enable you to manage them. I highly recommend learning a structured introduction into meditation, it took me about 3 months to enjoy the benefits (I know that sounds like a lot but what have you got to loose). My mind is now more centered, I am able to simply observe my emotions and pain rather than attempt to endure it. In the early stages I also listened to several hypnosis CD's but they only helped with breathing and relaxing.

I hope you find peace soon,
Kind Regards
MRJJ

Closed Thread