It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

usagirllinda HB User
right side paralysis from nerve block injection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On September 11.2007 I was parilyzed on my right side from the hip down. I had a nerve block injection and for 6 hours i was parilyzed from the waist down. The left side came back with very little nerve damage but the right side it totaly paralyzed. I have been learing how to walk with a leg brace that goes all the way to the top of my leg. I go the therpy twice a week. I am looking for anyone who has right or left side prailysis only. There has been no conculsion as to why this happened. Some Drs say it was the medication. Some say maybe the needle went to far. I may never know. I would like to talk to anyone about this in hopes to be able to walk better or help someone with the same problem.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
(female)

vlaud HB User
Re: right side paralysis from nerve block injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagirllinda View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On September 11.2007 I was parilyzed on my right side from the hip down. I had a nerve block injection and for 6 hours i was parilyzed from the waist down. The left side came back with very little nerve damage but the right side it totaly paralyzed. I have been learing how to walk with a leg brace that goes all the way to the top of my leg. I go the therpy twice a week. I am looking for anyone who has right or left side prailysis only. There has been no conculsion as to why this happened. Some Drs say it was the medication. Some say maybe the needle went to far. I may never know. I would like to talk to anyone about this in hopes to be able to walk better or help someone with the same problem.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure your doctor told you that this procedure was going to help and take away the pain. All he did was cause you added problems. How are you managing. Do you have much pain. Are they taking responsibility for what happened to you. It doesn't sound like you can work. I hope you get the help you need and recover. I know depending on the case nerves are able to regenerate. Are they telling you yours will?
Vlaud

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
(female)

usagirllinda HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaud View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure your doctor told you that this procedure was going to help and take away the pain. All he did was cause you added problems. How are you managing. Do you have much pain. Are they taking responsibility for what happened to you. It doesn't sound like you can work. I hope you get the help you need and recover. I know depending on the case nerves are able to regenerate. Are they telling you yours will?
Vlaud

Old 06-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
(female)

usagirllinda HB User

Quote:
Vlaud
It is an actual spinal cord injury and there is little to no chance that i will get the feeling in my right leg back. I have a full leg brace that was made for me and I am doing well learing how to walk from my hip. This has been putting a huge strain on my left hip. Yes i have some pain from the nerve damage from the back operation but i have no feeling in my right leg at all.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
(female)

vlaud HB User

Quote:
It is an actual spinal cord injury and there is little to no chance that i will get the feeling in my right leg back. I have a full leg brace that was made for me and I am doing well learing how to walk from my hip. This has been putting a huge strain on my left hip. Yes i have some pain from the nerve damage from the back operation but i have no feeling in my right leg at all.
I'm sorry to hear that. Was it the spinal cord injury that causes the paralysis or the nerve block injection?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
(female)

usagirllinda HB User

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that. Was it the spinal cord injury that causes the paralysis or the nerve block injection?
It was the nerve block that caused it. The needle damaged the t-7 and t-8

Old 06-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
(female)

vlaud HB User

Quote:
It was the nerve block that caused it. The needle damaged the t-7 and t-8
Did you receive any compensation for the injury and were they found to be negligent? Are you allowed to collect disability? Hope you have a good support network.
vlaud

Closed Thread