It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
(female)

spasmedout HB User
Unhappy MRI Report Need help and advice please

Hi Everyone

So, I had my lumbar MRI last Monday. Today is Wednesday. I still do not have the report. I've callled the doctor's office and they said it is against policy to release the report until the doctor reviews it. The doctor is out of town and will not be back until Monday. Question, can they do that? Isn't it my report and shouldn't I be able to get it? I've been doing searches on the internet and from what I can find, it looks like I might have sacroliac joint disfunction or Ankle something spondo (AS). Either way, I'm worried and I want to know what is wrong. I figured if I could get the report, I could do some searches and even post it here and get some answers. Any advise?

TIA

Old 10-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
(male)

matt3507 HB User
Re: MRI Report Need help and advice please

Hi Spasmedout,
I don't know if they can do that. But it sounds like you will be able to get a photocopy next time you see your doc. at least. The waiting game sucks but you are making progress.

Also, yes, you can type the summary of your mri or the whole thing and usually one of the vets here will be able to look at it and at least give you some info. You might even find someone here with the same thing you have.

Take care, matt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
(male)

BP2RC HB User

sacroiliitis
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sacroiliitis/DS00726/DSECTION=symptoms

ankylosing spondylitis
http://www.medicinenet.com/ankylosing_spondylitis/article.htm

Last edited by moderator2; 10-07-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: if a website is allowed, it's not necessary to change the spelling - if a website is disallowed, then do not post it

Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User

A doctor can have a policy in their office to not release copies until the doctor sees reports. I usually get them direct for where I had the test - you can usually call ahead and get a copy same day. Then when you go to the doctor get one from there too because they usually do a final review and that is the one that goes to the office.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #5
(female)

spasmedout HB User
Question Re: MRI Report Need help and advice please

Thanks everyone. I'm just very frustrated. Where I normally go, I could get the report same day. The doctor that ordered this MRI for my lumbar is an ortho. What I really don't understand is the place I got this MRI gave me the pictures on a CD/DVD. There's just no report. They told me I had to get the report from the doctor. Looking at the pictures just made me worry me because one side looks different than the other.

BP2RC - Thank you. I've been to those web sites. That's where I found the symptoms I have. Just made me worried me more.

Matt - Thank you too. Being able to have other people look over the report and explain it in terms I can understand really helps.

The doctor is back on Monday. I think I'm going to call and insist that I get a copy of the report. Also, maybe I'll call the place I got the MRI, explain that the doctor is out of town and maybe they will take pity on me and fax me a copy?

Thanks again everyone. I know I probably sound like a whiny pest sometimes, but I'm really glad I found this website and have other people that understands, and can discuss things with.

I seem to have something come up every other day. This morning at 2:00 am, my hip woke me up. After I was up for a while, my right wrist, hand and fingers starting hurting. Wondering is these are symptoms of my neck problems?

Last edited by spasmedout; 10-08-2009 at 03:50 AM.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:59 AM   #6
(female)

spasmedout HB User

Sorry all - one more question if you don't mind. My big toe and the one next to it hurts. Kinda of just a sharp pain will go through them. Does anyone know that is one of the symptoms of sacroiliitis or ankylosing spondylitis? (Thanks for the correct terms BP2RC)

Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 AM   #7
(male)

BP2RC HB User

SOUNDS LIKE sacroiliitis
CHECK GOOGLE TYPE:
sacroiliitis or SACROILIITIS SYMPTOMS
ankylosing spondylitis or ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS SYMPTOMS

Closed Thread