It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
(female)

estella3 HB User
hurts to sit

I have a bad c6 disc they want to do the ACDF surgery, does anyone with problems of this disc have increased pain when in a sitting position, stabbing pain between the shoulder blades, and pain that radiates into the biceps? I have been putting this surgery off since November, but my pain is getting progressively worse. I am currently doing pain management with injection shots to no avail. No relief with that whatsover. I will probably go for one more injection, but i dont have my hopes up. Its becoming hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in, and im losing sleep. If anyone has had the c6 disc problem please reply.,,, estella

Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
(female)

ces59 HB Userces59 HB User
Re: hurts to sit

Hi Estella - I have c6/7 disc problems with spinal compression. I have been told medication and physio wont work and that the only way forward is surgery. I am really frightened about it so would be good to hear from others with similar problems who have been through the op successfully. I have pains that radiate down my arms and most night end up with numb arms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

I had an ACDF C5-C7. I am so glad I did as it relived my pain that was radiating down my left arm. Nerve pain, I describe as "searing", and ACDF can relieve that. In fact today I was at my Pain Mgmt doctor's office and his Physician's Assistant had just returned to work after her C6 ACDF and said she now wonders why she waited so long to have the surgery as she had tremendous pain relief.

I did not have any symptoms relating to sitting (I do have some now but that's due to lumbar spine problems) but I had the radiating pain you describe.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

My husband has multiple spinal cord surgeries that were mostly failed however the only way he can sit/sleep is in a recliner chair. It was very hard for him to even sit at the dinner table to eat long ago before surgery so We went to a store that just sold recliners and he sat and tried out each and everyone before we found one that he could be comfortable in and that is what he sits in for everything...eating, resting/sleeping...you might want to consider something like that while you are pre and post surgical. good luck

Old 01-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
(male)

Cowpin8 HB User

I also had ACDF with instrumentation and allograft of the C5/6/7 levels. The surgery was in November of 2005 and I feel fine now. I just have to be careful lifting weights in the gym. Every once in a while I get a slight ache in my shoulder blade, BUT overall the surgery was a MIRACLE!!!!

Closed Thread