It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
(female)

zipster HB User
spine clicks.

Hi does anyone else have these symptoms?My back started clicking/cracking certain movements i made and my neck was sore when i turned my head.Theres a sore area on my spine to the right,it feels like the bones inflammed or bruised.I also feel very tired and off balance and get right sided headaches.I go to an osteopath and he cant feel anything wrong but i am in agony.I had an mri done but it was only of my cervical area but my pain is in the thoracic part.Any ideas? thanks.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
Re: spine clicks.

Hi, did you get your results back yet? I have been to many docs for many back and neck problems but not to an osteopath. What type of treatments does he do for you? I know what worked for me but I wanted to see what was being done for you first.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Sounds like you have arthritis. That's why the cracking/clicking. Did your mri show any bulging disks?. You need to take muscle relaxants and some pain killers. I don't understand why your doctor in england don't do anything. If you live in agony you should tell that to your doctor and be persistent.

Also I suggest checking your thyroid.

Have you ever been in a car accident?. Good luck to you.

Last edited by nochange; 01-18-2010 at 01:35 AM.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
(female)

zipster HB User

Hi yes the results of my cervical mri were ok just slight wear and tear but not enough to cause the problems i am having.I have recently been told i have possible tmj and thats whats causing the headaches,dizziness and neck/back/shoulder symptoms.
I cant believe all these symptoms can be caused by your jaw/teeth.I am seeing a private dentist on wednesday because i wasnt happy with the nhs.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

So you weren't in a car accident then. Well, yes, TMJ can cause pain. Plus you have arthritis. It doesn't matter if the arthritis is not so severe. It can add to your problems yes. So at least you now know what's the problem.

As I said before, you need muscle relaxant, pain killer and also neurontin(that's gabapentin). There is also lyrica you can try.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by nochange; 01-19-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

When you get to a point nothing works, then it's time to start with narcotic pain meds.
Notice, doctors don't like to prescribe them especially in england I bet. So try all type of meds and when you feel enough is enough it's time to start with percocet and or oxycontin but I'm not sure they have percocet in england.

Closed Thread