It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
(male)

jerdan HB User
Question Leg pain with cervical cord compression

Has anyone experienced leg pain with their cervical spinal cord compression?

How about cold feet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

minstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB User
Re: Leg pain with cervical cord compression

Yes, both of my legs have been affected by spinal cord compression at the C7-T1 level. I had an ACDF with donor bone and plate in 2008. Just last summer I had about a month long spell when my right calf was in intense pain that no meds would touch. I believe it was the nerves coming back to life. Occasionally I get a twinge there now, but nothing like it was last summer. Everything below the level of the cord compression can be affected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
(male)

jerdan HB User

Thanks minstrel2.
My wife had the exact surgery about a month ago at the C5-6. Her compression was 7mm in the nuetral and flexion and 5mm in the extension. For the first two weeks, post surgery, her leg pain was gone, however it has slowly come back a little, mostly in the afternoon too evening times.
We were also told this could be the nerves just waking up. Other then that..She no longer has tremors in her thighs while rising up from a seated or squat position and her cold feet are back to normal. I guess only time will tell.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

You know how you hear about someone who has a ban accident and breaks their neck and becomes paralyzed? It's because the spinal cord in the cervical region affects the lower body as well. Same goes for any impingement you have in the cervical region, depending what is impinged (and how much) you can have leg symptoms as well. It's not that you will become paralyzed but just to show you how cervical cord problems can affect the rest of the body.

Closed Thread