It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

ces59 HB Userces59 HB User
Can cervical problems/spinal compression affect your sight?

Just recently I have had blurry vision in one of my eyes - not over all of the eye - just part of it - blinking and closing my eyes seems to clear it but it seems to come back. Can it be anything to do with my C6/7 problems - spinal compression issues?

Old 01-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: Can cervical problems/spinal compression affect your sight?

I think you must go to a professional,soon,if it continues.Please remember to
guard your precious eyesight with the greatest of care.I know I have,over the years, had floaters that would temporarily "freeze" in my line of sight for 5 or 10 minutes.I made it a must,that I would not PANIC,and would only look at distant objects,or close my eyes for that period.In 40 years,that procedure never failed me. I have had cataracts forming for several years.I have Macular Degeneration for 10 years or so,
in one eye.I have the dry kind,which fortunately has been lying low. Luck...Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
(female)

dunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB User

I've been having the same type of blurriness and thought it might be related to my neck also. I plan to ask my doctor about it when I go in again.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

Very good question. I had a cervical laminectomy two years ago and immediately afterward I started having blurry vision. I was taking Lyrica at the time which has a side effect of blurred vision so I stopped it immediately. However My sight has never been the same. I am very interested to know the answer to this because I am currently going through some cervical problems again. My issue is also at C6-C7.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just how truely impacted is your cord right now? what IS compressing it and by how much? is it a severe level? there IS a very direct link between a particular spinal tract we have within our cords called the spinocerebellar tract that DOES go up and connect directly with the cerebellum(this IS also the place where lyrica really hits too) and this area does help govern vision and our gait and what is called our prioperception too? i have vision problems that stem from one of the three spinal tracts that were damaged during a surgery done to remove a glob of blood vessels out of it back in 2003. one of course was that cerebellar tract. so it can occur(other spinal probelms can also cause vision issues too depending upon what IS being impacted) but knowing just exactly what your MRI report states word for word about that compressive finding(how it is actually sitting) really would help alot to try and see if this is or is not a possible tract issue.

just an FYI about the lyrica? i had actual up and down type double vision on that stuff and could NOT walk in a straight line either to save my butt, i kept always vearing off to the left. i had to go off it too since it was just taking even more abilitys from me. but that is all the cerebellum governing stuff that seems to really get hit pretty hard from lyrica for some reason. marcia

Closed Thread