It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
(male)

Jcon2005 HB User
straight cervical spine

I am a 22 year old male. About 2 years ago I started having bad muscle pain in my upper back (Mainly Teres Minor and Major/ Traps) Alot of daily activitys such as (Taking out the trash, washing hair, geling hair, wipeing a window, all make these muscles feel irritated, inflamed, extremly sore, like something acidic was just injected into these certin muscles and their totaly swollen) to the point that I almost cant stand it....

My Dr. first thought muscle spasms and I went to a few sessions of physical therapy. This didnt help the problem.

I finaly went and got an MRI about a year ago and the Dr. I talked to said that my C-5 disk was "Slightly Buldging" and that this was prolly what was causeing my muscle pain, and to take anti-inflammatorys to ease the pain and that the body would eventually work its self out to feel better. Well, the anti-inflammatorys did not ease the pain at all, and not almost a year later the pain is still their and hasnt subsided one bit.

I finaly went to a orthopedic surgeon 2 days ago and reviewed my MRI with him and he said my "Cervical spine was abnormaly straight, especially for someone my age" and that this is what is causing the awfull pain in my back muscles. He prescribed me to go to Physical Therapy 3x a week for 4 weeks to work on core strengthening, back strengthening, full body strengthening and some kind of streatching therapy.

I also just started going to a chiropractor to help get my spine adjusted and am doing electro stimulation therapy on my back muscles to try to get them to stop hurting....

Does anyone have any information, advice, opinion or just anything at all that might help me in any way I would really appreciate it!!!!

Also does anyone suffer from anything similar? If so, please tell me about it, let me know your story or if you found anything that works for you?......

Last edited by Jcon2005; 02-05-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: To make my post a bit more clear

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
(female)

dunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB User
Re: straight cervical spine

Sorry to hear you are having problems at such a young age. I also have what my doctor said was an abnormally straight cervical spine. I woke up one morning in 8/08 with shoulder blade/neck pain and severe headache. I now have arm pain and have spams/cramping in my arms and hands. It continued for about 6 months, then eased up. It then returned and has progressively gotten worse.

I have tried PT, meds, injections - to no avail. I am now considering surgery and will be going to my os in 2 weeks to discuss this. I have not tried chiropractic as I am not interested in that type of treatment.

Hopefully you will receive treatments that will help you resolve your neck problems. Also, my MRI does not look that bad (according to doctors) and an xray was how my doctor determined the severity of the problems.

Closed Thread