It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
(female)

slkanger HB User
cervical spinal stenosis

I fell 4 weeks ago on the ice and hit the underside of my jaw on a brick ledge, which caused me to cut my chin and the inside of my mouth. I went to the ER and they did x-rays and the jaw was not broken but when I complained that my neck hurt the ER doctor ignored it. The next day I went to see my own doctor who sent me for x-rays of my neck and they said I had arthritis in my neck. Gave me some pain pills and muscle relaxers. A week later it wasn't any better and my right shoulder hurt too. I couldn't lay on that side in bed as it hurt. So they sent me for an MRI last week. Today I found out I have a tear in my shoulder and cervical spinal stenosis. Could the jar I had from the fall cause this? This brick ledge that I hit was on the side of a building and they heard something hit the building and came out and found me. My jaw is still swollen and hard too. But I'm worried about his spinal stenosis and wonder if the fall caused it? I see the doctor on Wed. and they already said I need to see a orthopaedic doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2010, 04:40 AM   #2
(male)

justme53 HB User
Re: cervical spinal stenosis

Nope, its not likely the fall had anything to do with it. it's the result of either being born with it or years of wear tear of your spinal column. The fall have aggrivated it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slkanger View Post
ER doctor ignored it. The next day I went to see my own doctor who sent me for x-rays of my neck and they said I had arthritis in my neck. A week later it wasn't any better and my right shoulder hurt too. I couldn't lay on that side in bed as it hurt. So they sent me for an MRI last week. Today I found out I have a tear in my shoulder and cervical spinal stenosis.
Hello slkanger. I was just wondering. Did the MRI show any disk problems?? bulging disks for example?. Please let me know. I also cannot rest my neck on the pillow at all times. Only percocet allows me to lay my neck on the pillow.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
(female)

slkanger HB User

No, they didn't mention anything about any disk problems in the neck. I'll find out more when I see the doctor on Wed.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
(female)

slkanger HB User

MRI shows disc compacting in the neck and pinching a nerve. Have an appt. at the Nebraska Spine Center in Omaha on 2/23. Hopefully they can give me an injection or something to reduce this and not have surgery. Can't afford to do that at this time. Husband had a massive stroke in December & still hospitalized. I had a semi rearend me in early Jan and a week later I fell on the ice & my jaw met up with a brick ledge on the side of a building and after that is when this all started. When it rains, it pours!

Closed Thread