It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
(female)

Bobbyboo HB User
X-Ray results query

Hi

Was wondering if anyone could explain my X-ray results. It would appear fine and that all my pain is coming solely from frozen shoulder(s) which should eventually heal. However I don't understand the bit about depression of end plates and sclerosis on the X-ray.

MRI - I am only including any bits that seem relevant

"At C6/7 there is a small left paracentral disc/osteophyte protrusion. This results in some thecal distortion and slight contact with the adjacent cord surface, but no overt cord compression. The exiting nerve roots do not appear to be involved.
CONCLUSION: There has been previous discectomy and fusion at C6/7. There is a small residual left paracentral/osteophyte protrusion, although this does not appear significant in terms of cord or nerve root involvement. Minor degenerative change is noted elsewhere."

X-Ray

"The position of the cage is satisfactory. I presume there has been some resection of the adjacent vertebral bodies (don't recall consultant mentioning this) or otherwise has been depression of their end plates. There probably is a degree of sclerosis in the C7 vertebral body. There is no change in position of the cage with flexion or extension"

Many thanks

Bobbyboo x

Old 02-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User
Re: X-Ray results query

Hi hope your shoulder improves - I did notice the xray information and wanted to comment that it is common in the acdf surgeries for the surgeons to scrape/rough up the endplates for the graft can take. That is what they are probably calling "resection." On explanation could have been the surgeon was fitting in the graft and had to do some adjustments on the endplates and that is why it looks like there is "depression." The sclerosis is increased bone density and calcification.

Let's see what they say about all this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread