It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
(male)

willy856 HB User
C spine stenosis

Hello all
I recently had an MRI of my head and c spine. I thought I was having symptoms of MS. The MRI came back clean for lesions but showed congenital spinal stenosis at C3,C4
The problems I have are basically my legs. My left foot feels ice cold for minutes or hours. The front of my thighs burn intermittently usually in the seated position.
I had an MRI of my lower back which didn't show any problems.
The doctor seemed confident that I don't have MS, but I am not so sure.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
(female)

minstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB User
Re: C spine stenosis

Sorry you are experiencing these symptoms. I had cervical stenosis and spinal cord compression which affected my legs in a similar way. Have you been referred to a neurosurgeon to read your MRI? If the cord is being compressed, it probably needs to be addressed. I don't think you have MS, since you don't have lesions. The cervical can cause symptoms in all of your extremities.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
(female)

juliesand HB User

Hi,
I have had very similar problems. I've had neck pain for 5 months from a bulging C5-6 months. For the past 4 weeks, I have had tingling/burning in hands and feet (which has been dx as neuropathy), rigidity of legs upon walking, and a falling sensation. When these last symptoms started, I had MRI of brain and spine, which showed only the bulge and narrowing of c-spine. My dr too thought I had MS, but no lesions.
Now I am in limbo - unable to go to work, waiting for referral to Mayo, playing teh wait for the dr to call back game.
I wish I could tell you more. I get the feeling of pressure in my neck, and believe all symptoms are related to that somehow. I wish you luck--
Julie

Old 05-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I had the exact same symptoms in my legs......numbness in my feet(burning and icy sensations) burning thighs, stiffness, I walked baby steps at times as if my legs just didn't want to move forward and eventually started to walk like a drunk, reeling from side to side.

I had stenosis form C3 to C6. I had a new surgery called a laminoplasty where they open and rebuild the back of the spine to make more room but don't leave the cord exposed like the used to with a laminectomy. No fusion was involved.

I awoke from surgery with my legs feeling completely normal. All numbness, burning, stiffness gone.

This surgery is only done at a few major medical centers but well worth looking into. See a neurosurgeon.

good luck................Jenny

Closed Thread