It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
(male)

atnaw HB User
explaination on cervical problems

Hi There,
I have a problem on my neck and back parts of my body and the MRI result is as follow:

-degenerated c4/5 and c5/6 discs bulging posteriourly,mildly indenting the theca
-the ligamentum flavum is thekned at c5/6 level mildly indenting the theca posteriorly.
-spinal cord is normal in size and signal intensity
-normal neural foramina
-normal V.body heught and marrow signal intensity with presereved alignment

so would you please advise me.

Last edited by atnaw; 03-09-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: explaination on cervical problems

Did you go to neurosurgeon(better) or orthopedic surgeon?. They will tell you if you need a surgery. always look for 3-4-5-6 opinions when it comes to surgery.

Are you in severe pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
(male)

atnaw HB User

I am not in sever pain.

When I move my neck to left/right/back side, I usaually have pain at my back after some minitues.The Pain comes with movement of my neck

Old 03-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
(male)

TimRo HB User

Looks like you have some bulges, but no ruptures (herniations). I would see a Ortho doc and maybe check into phys therapy or even injections to help calm the area down. Surgery should be a last resort. I just had my 3rd neck surgery and I can tell you it is a domino effect. Once you have one surgery, the likelyhood of having another increases. Try conservative treatment first. Especially if you don't have constant pain or weakness. Good luck to you.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

I'm also in a need for help. I have 2 bulging disks in my neck which are causing me severe neck pain with or without movement of my neck + head pain when it's cold. when the weather stabilizes I'm left with the neck pain and the head pain is already gone.

Pain increase when I "try" lying my neck on the pillow which is a tremendous misery. I need percocet each time I'm in a need to rest my neck on the pillow.

doctors(alot) + orthopedic neck surgeon said I'm not for surgery or "no surgeon will do a surgery on you when it comes for bulging disks". bulging disks are mininal and not involved the spinal cord. that all happened after a severe whiplash I'm on pain killers day in day out. Physical therapy never helps neck pain(not only mine), I know that from reading other posts here. Physical therapy only helps back pain. Neck is a different issue so I've realized with other people also. I refused those steroid injection.

any idea what there is left to do? there is no known treatment to neck pain you know.

Last edited by nochange; 03-28-2010 at 01:02 AM.

Closed Thread