It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

KopkaSunset HB User
Huh? What does this mean?

Hi there, I just got my report of an MRI I had done on my spine and am sure of what it really is telling me. I have an appointment with my Neurologist next month but I'd really like to know what the report says. Any intrepretation is welcome.

Finding:
Cervical and thoracic spinal cord show normal signal intensity without evidence of myelopathy or demyelinaion.

There is a prominet posterior disc herniation at C5-6 in a left paracentral location. There is a mild deformity of the spinal cord at this level and there is complete effacement of the anterior and posterior CSF space. Incidental note is made of a vertebral hemangioma of T7.

Impression:
Herniated disc at C5-6 in a left paracental position. No associated myelopathy. Deformity of the thecal sac as well as effacement of the anterior and posterior CSF spaces at this level are identifed.

Am I correct in saying that the "protection" around my spinal cord is fine. I have a herniated disc at C5-6 which effects the strenght in my arms and wrists. My spine has a mild deformity and the cord is either shorterned or thinned where the CSF should be. (Have no idea what the what this means). The noted vertebral hemangioma of T7 is a benign tumour ot lesion.

Am I close?

Thanks,
Kopkasunet
~ stayin outta trouble since Oct/08 ~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

PNo HB User
Re: Huh? What does this mean?

You did a good job figuring it out. It appears the cord itself is not "shortened or thinned" but more likely curved a little, or compressed a little. The CSF is the area where the fluid is Cerebral Spinal Fluid. That is the fluid within the sac that surrounds our cord and protects it from bumping against the spinal structures and . The effacement could cause some missing fluid - ask the dotor if the CSF looks good. If any is not flowing well it exposes your cord to rubbing and compression. If you actually had your films even your untrained eye would easily see this because there wouldn't be a bright signal ring around your disc - it would be black.

The vertebral hemangioma is a common finding on many people, sounds like yours is not large or the problem kind. Actually for them to see down to T7 was nice of the rad team to note it because they usually don't go past T2 so they must have done a quick full spine look while they calibrated the equipment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
(female)

KopkaSunset HB User
Re: Huh? What does this mean?

Thank you so much for responding ! You have easied my mind a lot.

Take care,

Last edited by Administrator; 03-21-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Closed Thread