It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
(female)

dawn1214 HB User
extreme tightness in neck and shoulders, lots of symptoms

Hi All,

I haven't posted here in quite awhile. I had a tumor removed from inside my spinal cord at T1 and T2. I am struggling with extreme tightness in my neck and shoulders.

With this pain and tightness I am also struggling with blurry vision, sinus problems, ringing in one ear, headaches and pressure behind and above one eye, dizziness. I also have problems with my leg and pain in my forearms.

I am wondering if anyone else has had these problems and most of all wondering if these other symptoms are being caused from the tightness in my neck muscles. I feel it is all related but am scared that there is something else going on and am looking for some support.

I also have a bulging disk at c4-5 and a broken c7 which is called a clay shovelers fracture. Both of these happened after my laminectomy to remove the tumor.

Just a further note.. I have an arnold chiara malformation which the neuros don't feel are causing me a problem. It is small and I have good spinal flow.

My neuro has suggested botox injection in my neck and shoulders.. I am considering this but wanted to get more information before i make a decision.

Thanks for reading this somewhat lenghly post and for any help you can give.

Dawn

Old 05-12-2010, 02:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: extreme tightness in neck and shoulders, lots of symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn1214 View Post
Hi All,

With this pain and tightness I am also struggling with blurry vision, sinus problems, ringing in one ear, headaches and pressure behind and above one eye, dizziness. I also have problems with my leg and pain in my forearms.

I also have a bulging disk at c4-5 and a broken c7 which is called a clay shovelers fracture. Both of these happened after my laminectomy to remove the tumor.

My neuro has suggested botox injection in my neck and shoulders.. I am considering this but wanted to get more information before i make a decision.

Thanks for reading this somewhat lenghly post and for any help you can give.

Dawn
hello. I'm not an expert but I've been told bulging disks can cause severe chronic pain and tighness plus muscles pressing on nerves.

I'm sory to hear about your suffering. I also suffer from chronic neck pain.
I feel for you.

Keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread