It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
(female)

sangrmahlia HB User
arachnoid cyst -- any non-surgical solution/treatment?

hello, i'm a 24yo female from indonesia and was diagnosed with extradural arachnoid cyst along my spinal cord about two months ago. the cyst spreads around my thoracics down to L2. symptoms are fairly new (less than a year ago):
- a presistent numbness & mild pain around my back
- tingling & sharp pain along my thighs & legs that comes and goes (and with varied level of pain, usually becoming severe if i'm tired or doing physically heavy activities)

i went to 3 different neurosurgeons (the last one i went to was even a team consisting of 6 doctors) and they all suggested operation as the only solution, although they were quite clear on the risks of spinal surgery, especially in my country (medical quality & safety are notoriously low here). i personally put surgical solution as my last resort, as the cyst has yet to give me extreme disabilities (i can no longer run, drive and dance as i used to, but i can still walk quite painlessly. if i limit my activity and sleep well i can even go on a whole day without any of those thighs & legs pain.)

my question: is there any other solution to this type of cyst that are less (or preferably non-) invasive? i came across several herbal & homeopathy treatments online < edited > but no doctor has ever told me about this and i'm not quite sure if it's reliable and actually effective or not. would it also be wise to avoid surgery? the cyst has definitely affected my life (running & dancing are definitely not just hobbies) but i'm not yet completely hampered by it.

thanks for responses

Last edited by hb-mod; 03-23-2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Please do not post disallowed Internet websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
(male)

rudi168 HB User
Re: arachnoid cyst -- any non-surgical solution/treatment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangrmahlia View Post
hello, i'm a 24yo female from indonesia and was diagnosed with extradural arachnoid cyst along my spinal cord about two months ago. the cyst spreads around my thoracics down to L2. symptoms are fairly new (less than a year ago):
- a presistent numbness & mild pain around my back
- tingling & sharp pain along my thighs & legs that comes and goes (and with varied level of pain, usually becoming severe if i'm tired or doing physically heavy activities)

i went to 3 different neurosurgeons (the last one i went to was even a team consisting of 6 doctors) and they all suggested operation as the only solution, although they were quite clear on the risks of spinal surgery, especially in my country (medical quality & safety are notoriously low here). i personally put surgical solution as my last resort, as the cyst has yet to give me extreme disabilities (i can no longer run, drive and dance as i used to, but i can still walk quite painlessly. if i limit my activity and sleep well i can even go on a whole day without any of those thighs & legs pain.)

my question: is there any other solution to this type of cyst that are less (or preferably non-) invasive? i came across several herbal & homeopathy treatments online < edited > but no doctor has ever told me about this and i'm not quite sure if it's reliable and actually effective or not. would it also be wise to avoid surgery? the cyst has definitely affected my life (running & dancing are definitely not just hobbies) but i'm not yet completely hampered by it.

thanks for responses
Nasib kita sama kayaknya tuh! Gimana udah dapet solusi? mana tau bisa saling tukar info! Gue juga lagi cari info sana-sini, Thanks

Old 04-04-2011, 05:08 AM   #3
(female)

dangar HB User
Re: arachnoid cyst -- any non-surgical solution/treatment?

Hiya. I think surgery is the only way. I had a spinal cord hernia at T5/6 level. Their first thought for me was an arachnoid cyst. I can tell you from experiance, that once you start to go down hill it is a very quick progressive deterioration. You should do all you can to stop yourself from getting any worse. I know surgery is scary, but sometimes its the only way. Most conditions and damage involving the CNS (Brain - Spinal Cord) are irreversible. Dont let yourself get any worse. .
I wish you a fast recovery.
x x Dani x x

Closed Thread