It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

estella3 HB User
throat, feels like something is there

I had the feeling like something is there in my throat and i wasnt sure why i still have it almost 2 months post surgery , i looked at my images and there is a "spacer" there that the neurosergeon i believed put it there so that the fusion maintains its height or something. I think that is what i am feeling when i swallow, and i dont know if it will go away. I was shocked when i looked at my images cause i thought it was a piece of the fusion gone wrong, but it is meant to be there. I wonder how many of you also have a spacer in place behind the esophagus.. estella

still having pain radiating from the left neck to shoulders, traps, biceps, forearms and into my left hand/fingers. i wish i never had this ACDFprocedure. I was in pain before but it was more tolerable than the pain i am in now. I am trying to wean of the percocets, but i am in much pain if i dont take them. estella

Last edited by estella3; 03-29-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: throat, feels like something is there

The actual spine where the fusion took place is not very close anatomically to the esophagus, relatively speaking. They do move the esophagus aside during ACDF and some people have an ongoing sensation of having a lump in the throat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

sayikay HB User
Re: throat, feels like something is there

I don't know if I have a spacer or not. I am going tomorrow morning for my first post op surgery. I have the sensation of something in my throat as well, especially when I lay on my left side. Aside from that, I feel as though the surgery has accomplished what I wanted it to. The pain I felt before the surgery has diminished to almost 70% of what it was. I am only four weeks out, so I still have some pain in the back of my neck, as well as some spasms in the muscles around that area.

Closed Thread