It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
(male)

zkostevski HB User
L4/L5 Problem

CT spine report .....
I.v. L4/L5 disc level with dorzomediolatelarn protrusion to the right. Dural compression sacus and right radicular afect ... I.v.disc L5/S1 level with the present vacum phenomenon and watering in both bilateral radicular canal. Spondiloartrozne changes veneers joint and marginal edge of the body osteofit lumbal wrist. ; Relevant drugs:tab.Voltaren forte, tab. diazepam, tab. B-vitamin )
MR spine report.......
At the lumbosacral spine are part spondilaortroz changes.
At the level of L4/L5 visible degeneration of the discus with a very distinct discus hernia (gr.4) with dorzomediolatelar type more to the right. I.v. L5/S1 brief space and see the small disc hernia.
There is little hernia at the level of L1/L2
I have a problem with the right foot appears, stiffness and numbness all the way to the toes, there are a lot of pain when rising and movement. Doctor suggested operation.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
(male)

zkostevski HB User
Re: L4/L5 Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkostevski View Post
CT spine report .....
I.v. L4/L5 disc level with dorzomediolatelarn protrusion to the right. Dural compression sacus and right radicular afect ... I.v.disc L5/S1 level with the present vacum phenomenon and watering in both bilateral radicular canal. Spondiloartrozne changes veneers joint and marginal edge of the body osteofit lumbal wrist. ; Relevant drugs:tab.Voltaren forte, tab. diazepam, tab. B-vitamin )
MR spine report.......
At the level of L4/L5 visible degeneration of the discus with a very distinct discus hernia (gr.4) with dorzomediolatelar type more to the right. I.v. L5/S1 brief space and see the small disc hernia.
I have a problem with the right foot appears, stiffness and numbness all the way to the toes, there are a lot of pain when rising and movement. Doctor suggested operation.
CT spine report .....
MR spine report.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 04:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

I had herniation L 4-5 also. I do not know how to read the rest of your report. I was always advised to get a 2nd opinion when it comes to surgery, because it is a last resort. I went through physical therapy and epidurals first. This is the normal course of treatment before surgery. The PT helped with my pain, the epidurals did nothing but cause my symptoms to move from one leg to the other. My herniation was very large, I ended up having surgery only after 6 months of PT and 2 epidurals, and seeing 2 neuros. So I would suggest a 2nd opinion.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

You may want to post over on the Back Pain board as well as much of the discussion on this board is based on cervical spine problems.

If you have any foot symptoms, foot drop, etc you should be evaluated for immediate treatment. Very often that means some type of surgery to release whatever is causing the nerve in your back to be impinged and thus causing the foot problems. This can be a discectomy, fusion, etc. So ask your neurosurgeon and/or orthopedic spine surgeon to specify the exact surgery they are recommending and then seek to move forward quickly so that foot symptoms do not become permanent.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
(male)

zkostevski HB User

Today I was in neuroclinic and the doctor said I need an operation. Looked at MRI and said that there is no other way of treatment, only surgery. He asked me whether I can stand on the toes and heel, how can I get the left leg and right foot as much.
I now plan on their own initiative to go to a 10 days on the fizicalnu therapy and swimming in the healing water.

Sorry for the problems with translation.

zkostevski Skopje-Macedonia

Old 01-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
(male)

catsaunders HB User

go for the surgery

Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #7
(male)

catsaunders HB User

go for the op

Closed Thread