It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
(female)

BLynn1987 HB User
Please Help, various symptoms

Hi this is kind of long but I could really use the help. I am 22 year old female, non-smoker, do not do drugs, and occasionally consumes alcohol. I was in a car accident about a month ago. Initially, I was experiencing soreness in the upper back and neck and an excruciating pain in the middle of my back that immobilized my arm and sent sharp pains down my right arm with movement. An MRI was done on my shoulder in which it showed tinnitus of the shoulder but everything else was normal. I did regain movement of the arm back, however, the pain is now in both arms and even in my legs. I have been experiencing aching, pain, burning, and weakness in both arms and a painful pressure in the middle of my back when lifting my arms, writing, picking anything up, etc. My legs also ache and feel very weak with overuse and I have a tingling sensation through my whole body. An MRI was performed on my cervical spine but that also showed normal. The doctor did say that there were a few sub-centimeter lymph nodes in my posterior triangles of the neck that should be looked at. I am not getting better and my newest symptoms include shortness of breath at the slightest exertion, overall heavier breathing, tightness in entire upper body ( neck, back, & chest ), blurred vision, occasional light-headiness/dizziness, pain in throat/neck similar to when you over breathing from running (maybe from shortness of breath?), The upper back/chest pain, and throat/neck pain are also prevailent at the slightest bit of singing or yelling, sometimes a vein in the upper right forehead and right side of throat sticks out and is sensitive to touch that sends pain through my whole body, all symptoms and pain are worse when sitting straight up in driver seat- always forced to lean forward, and when laying directly on my back. My boyfriend leaned on my back once and it shot a pain down my right leg in which I couldn't move the leg for a few minutes and all of the veins were sticking out of my foot as if under pressure, and my hands become extremely red when overused and burn, and sometimes the burning is in my right leg and the rest of my body. I am also always tired, sometimes have twitching, and sometimes confusion. A lot of my friends are telling me I always seem "out of it" lately or that I talk like I am depressed or tired. I noticed the red burning and aching hands were severe during my period and one time I was driving home from school and I was really out of it and I ended up getting lost (even though I make this trip A LOT), and when I was sitting straight back in my seat I turned my neck to the right to look at the car next to me and I heard a "pop" noise that sent a pain through my arms and legs, and I saw a bright, almost like a camera flash, before my eyes, and my arms and legs were number and tingly for quite a bit of time. And my back is always popping now more than usual. I'm starting to wonder if there may be an underlying problem that was there before the accident?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply