It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
(female)

anitavst HB User
mri results - need help reading them

hi! iam 42 just geard i am havign surgery and it need to be done. can anyone help me decipher this mri?
noted c3 - c7 laminectomy and stragihtening off cervical cord , subcentimeter hemangioma involvign T1 veterbral body was seen. modic degnerative changes in lower cervical verterbral bodies. disc dessication at mid lower cervical levles. c4-5, c5-6, c6-7 central disc protusion moderate central spinal stenosis,
c5-6 c6-7 mild bilateral foraminal stenosis due to facet hypertorphy, multileve ddd and disc bulges . any help i appreciated.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
(female)

anitavst HB User
Re: mri results - need help reading them

this is anitavst agian. i forgot to mention i had c3 - 7 laminectomy and straightening of the cervical cord is jan 2005 - before the surgery i was paralized on the rhs and my lhs was going too. i was in hospital for 3 weeks nad my neurosrugeon said i would not survive and if i did i would be in a wheelshair - too much damage to my nerves was already done.
they shaved all my hair and went in through the back.
i DID survive, and took me a year to walk straight again (4 months off work to get my arms to work again - i work a desk job).
now i am having "upper" problems. migraines glaore, neck and shoulder chronic pain and my face and ears go numb, cant sit for too long - arm weakness on both sides and nerve pain and numbness all over. doc says i need ot have suregery agian - was not expecting it for anouther 10 years but need another one in five since my last one. this time it is on 3 levels - titanium plate and my hemangioma will need to be removed. he is also checkeing my swalling since i anm having torubl breathing and swamlloing food, lots of chest pains. he is saying success rate for this surgery is better than the last one ut i don understand why i am so scared. i have 2 little kids and i dont want them to go thorugh this agian - 7 and 4.
please help someone to understand why i ma so wroried this time aorund. i am reworking our trust, will and gursdianship for the kids just in case.
thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to anitavst:
jilwork228 (12-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread