It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

kellster67 HB User
Cervical Spine MRI for radiculopathy

HI,

I am new to this board...actually to any board whatsoever; and am having some severe back and neck pain/problems. Finally broke down and had a cervical spine MRI.

At C3-C4: retrolisthesis, moderate facet arthropathy, inducing mild to moderate neural foraminal narrowing.

C4-C5: small paracentral disk protrusion indenting the right ventral aspect of spinal canal and mild associated spinal canal narrowing measuring 8.8 mm.

At C5-C6: retrolisthesis, broad-based disk bulge osteophyte complex somewhat eccentric to right measuring 3-4mm causing mild to mod. right lateral recess narrowing which could compromise right c5 nerve root in its lateral recess. Mild to moderate right neural foraminal narrowing from intraforaminal disk component. Disc abnormality contacts and slightly indents ventral spinal cord, inducing mild spinal canal stenosis measuring 8mm.

At C6-C7: Mild broad-based posterior disk buldge contacting but not indenting ventral aspect of spinal cord, inducing mild spinal canal narrowing measuring 9mm.

Has anyone had anything similar to these problems and if so, what did you do? Thank you so much for any and all help ahead of time!

Take care,
Kellie

Last edited by kellster67; 06-28-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: Cervical Spine MRI for radiculopathy

The first two times I had ACDF's done. I am now waiting on my 3rd one scheduled this week however it will be a bit more complex in nature as my second one failed and I continue to herniated up the c-spine.

I can say, without a doubt, for me that is, my first surgery eliminated my pain completely.

What has your surgeon suggested?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
(male)

neuroguy HB User

If you are having neck pain that radiates over the right shoulder, into the bicep, forearm, and involving your thumb and index finger -- it would seem this MRI is showing the cause of your problems.

The right sided disc herniation at C5-6 could cause the "pinched" nerve here, causing those symptoms above.

The other levels seem to have some degenerative changes, but nothing too bad.

Of course, only your doctor looking at the actual pictures can determine what is going on.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
(female)

kellster67 HB User

HI! Thanks a lot for your reply! I haven't seen a neurosurgeon yet....waiting for him to "review my records".

Closed Thread