It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

ms.titanium HB User
Dr tomorrow morning and I need help!

I need some advice on what I need to tell my doctor tomorrow. I have had a ACDF in 2001 (failed) and a posterior fusion in 2005, I have a plate in front and 2 rods in the back. Levels 3-6. Saturday morning I got ambitious and cleaned 3 lower cupboards in my kitchen. This was not too hard but it was a lot of bending. Sunday when I got up I had the spins. More than just dizzy, I could not walk without holding on to something. This wore off after a few hours but I felt dizzy all day if I moved fast. Monday morning was a repeat. Monday afternoon I went to my Pilates class and about 1/2 way through I got the spins really bad. (I felt like I was back in collage and drunk!) I could not even sit up for a few minutes and I had to gradually work my way up to sitting and standing. Tuesday morning was actually better but this morning was really bad again. It takes about 3 hours after getting up to be able to walk without holding onto a wall or something. Is this my neck? I have normal pain but I do feel pressure in the back of my neck. My ears feel fine and I have not had a cold.

Sometimes I feel like I need to push my doc in the direction I want to go. Do I need to ask for an MRI? I have not had anything like this or heard of it with people with bad necks. I cannot continue to work like this and I work from home. There is no way I could drive. This is just too weird!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Dr tomorrow morning and I need help!

While it could be related to the neck it could also be totally unrelated and be something like vertigo or sinus issues. Don't focus 100% on it being your neck and be open to looking at other causes. Vertigo is hard to diagnose but the way you describe what you are feeling is really similar to my friend who had vertigo last fall. An MRI of the neck to rule out any shift in hardware, discs, etc seems reasonable. If that's normal it may be time to see your PCP to discuss other possible causes. Don't stop until you get an answer or the symptoms subside.

Closed Thread