It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
(male)

ladher15 HB User
Can I cure OPLL

I was recently diagnosed with OPLL of the cervical spine and two neurosurgeons have recommended surgery to decompress my cervical spinal cord. One surgeon advises to have a laminectomy surjery from C3-C7,

My OPLL is apparently severe and is causing numbness and tingling in my Both hands arm and hand, and my right foot and leg. The surgeons have told me that I should have surgery as soon as possible. To delay would risk further progression of the OPLL and will cause weakness and possible paralysis.

I've read several journal articles about OPLL and the risks of surgery, and I'm feeling very anxious about proceeding with surgery. I am hoping that someone will respond to this posting and let me know if surgery helped OPLL, and if there were any side effects or problems from the surgery.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Can I cure OPLL

You cannot cure OPLL....once you have it, you will always have it. Most surgeons will do a fusion to treat it although there are new surgeries being studied for it. I am fused from C3 to T1 and it's not that bad. I had it done from the back and not the front.....fewer complications after surgery.

Hopefully someone with OPLL will come along and share their experience. I had cervical spondylitic myelopathy.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
(male)

beaverfanosu HB User
Re: Can I cure OPLL

my husband has opll and we had mri done 10/09 and 2nd one 10/10 the symptons are progressings and mri shows progression as well. we are seeing doc on 11-1-10 to dicuss the surgery. yes he is scard but also cannot function as well. He too has constant numbness in right arm hand, now in left, cannot p/u right foot and severe burning all the time under skin. his chest burns lower back and stomache. it was severe in 10/09 now it is at urgent stage. i will continue to post on how he is doing and what we found out about surgery also go to Nord rare disease team inspire for more feed bak rom others with opll

Closed Thread