It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2002, 05:10 AM   #1
Unregistered

buzzing in legs and ankles

Hi,
Delighted to see that Shey seems to be doing so well. And Lizzie - you see your doctor on the 28th?
I have a question. A newish symptom. Buzzing in the ankles - and legs. Mainly left leg/ankle which corresponds with all my arm/hand/shoulder side of things. Could it come from the neck?? (multiple heriated discs etc, baddish problem C7/D1) It's very weird.
Best to all
Berenice

Old 01-26-2002, 05:48 AM   #2

shey HB User
Re: buzzing in legs and ankles

hi Bernice,

Sorry to hear that you are having more symptoms, I had something in my tricep that I would describe as a flickering, you could actually see tiny movements under the skin, I dont know whether this could be simular or not but my surgeon said it was caused by muscle fibres in my tricep trying to pick up nerve signals that were lacking,due to the nerve compression.
I've not been on healthboards a lot lately due to first computer failure then surgery so I'm not up to date with your news. Still making steadily good progress with my ball and socket joint.
Best wishes, Shey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2002, 06:19 AM   #3
Inactive

Lizzie51427 HB User

Hi Berenice and Shey,
Just like old times, huh? LOL Yes, Berenice, I go back to the surgeon on Monday. I DID get an earlier appt. only to be told when I got there that they couldn't find my MRI films that I had mailed there, and that NO ONE remembered even seeing them...THIS, after I got a call saying they had them, I was a candidate for minimal surgery, etc...Needless, to say, I was quite disheartened by the whole thing...So, now, new films in hand, I go back Monday. If I wasn't so keen on this surgeon, I would just forget about it, but while we were there, my husband told me that other doctors were going to see him---as patients. So, hopefully, this was just "one of those things", instead of an omen...(almost wrote LOL, but I don't think this calls for one..)Anyway, as to your problem, Berenice, it does sound like a muscle spasm. I'm not sure if by buzzing, you mean you can actually hear it, or if it's just a sensation. But, actually, Shey explained that very well...I'd never even had one of the surgeons talk about the muscle spasms, but yet they prescribe muscle relaxers anyway...(which by the way, I'm very grateful for..LOL)Berenice, I tried the Vioxx, and while it DID work better for the bone pain, I still needed a muscle relaxer, but was unable to take one with the Vioxx, so I'm just sticking with the Soma for now...Plus, the Vioxx really messes up your stomache, doesn't it...even worse than codeine. Hey, I hope you're doing okay...and Shey, did you call the surgeon yet to ask about throat? It's 7:00 here, I just woke up, I was hoping to have e-mail that you called him...Please let me know! Lizzie

Old 01-26-2002, 08:05 AM   #4
Unregistered

Hi,
Thanks tons Shey, Lizzie for your responses.
Shey, I have similar problems to Lizzie 'cept down the left. Paralysed at times pinkie. Pain and paralysis in left arm/hand. And - I have 'flickering' muscles in my arm, triceps and down left side. I can actually 'see' them flickering and twitching. The neuro test said it all. You know when they stick those needles in you?? The graph results showed exactly which muscles aren't working. And the neuro doctor said that the flickering is due to other muscles trying to compensate.
No - the 'buzzing' is like a sort of vibration that you feel on the interior. Not painful - just peculiar and destabilizing. And worrying. You wonder - Oh my God, is this Parkinsons or something... Or is it simply a continuation of compression etc in the neck.
Best of wishes that all goes well. Shey is very brave - and Lizzie is a real go-getter.

Berenice

Old 01-26-2002, 08:15 AM   #5
Inactive

Lizzie51427 HB User

Berenice, I don't think you have Parkinson's or MS or any of the other diagnoses I keep hearing that people with cervical compression problems are told they have...Why do they insist on doing this to people? I mean,why do they want to send people with nerve root compression problems to doctor after doctor trying to find another problem? Isn't that one enough??? I don't know where you're at in terms of your problem...I know last time you were on here, you were pretty much against surgery. But, I'm hoping you're doing well, and not in too much pain. (By the way, at my last visit, they did the pin test, and my right tricep is pretty well numb...) Talk to you later. I've got to go sign my son up for hockey(unless I call my hubby and he can get there in time...) Lizzie

Closed Thread