It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2001, 03:38 AM   #1

medium HB User
burning sensation at my back

What kind of symptom and causes is this super flaming sensation (like a sunburn on the skin) and pain at my upper back skin(spinal nerves probably or lungs), 8 days after, it aches and 2 days before it was gone, my back is sweating, all in all w/c lasted for 11 days (very unusual and long)?? bec. of this i became fatigue and sick on that time.

Note: I'm 22, 5'11", 57kgs.

I lifted barbel weights 20 lbs in standing position 30 times. 8 days prior to the incident. Plus, one day before the incident, I had sex 2 times within 20 mins.

Hope for your hypothesis. Thank you. (",)

Old 02-17-2001, 08:46 AM   #2
(male)

Mace HB User
Re: burning sensation at my back

Have a C 5/6 spinal cord injury and this has caused burning in spots all over my body. You don't mention a history of stroke or spinal injury so it's only one of the many possible reasons you might wish to check out with the medics.
Good Luck, God Bless, Mace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2001, 05:19 AM   #3

medium HB User

Hi Mace,

First, I highly appreciate for sharing all your viewpoints.

What do you mean by "Have a C 5/6 spinal cord injury.." ??

well, I feel rarely twice a year having a heart problem (if i breath normally, my front chest would hurt) but it will just subside in 30 seconds.

No spinal injury. The sunburn or hot sensation is just on my upper back.. little on both my arms and not on all my body.

Hope for more enlightenment. Thank you.

Best regards,
John c",)

Old 02-18-2001, 09:39 PM   #4

claire47 HB User

Hello! Sorry you are having problems with you're back. I would really see a Dr, and explain you're hurting.
At the same time it could be related to many problems.
I had back problems for years and then finally I had a (ruptured disk) and had to have sugery. But it dosen't sound like that. It sounds like heart problems and or even a gall bladder problem. But like I said, you should see a Dr. Allot of times they can't tell you unless you ask for a MRI. I hope you get better and keep us updated.
God Bless
Claire47

Old 02-20-2001, 04:16 PM   #5

kathryn2 HB User

I have had the same sensation. I was told nerve damage gives a burning feeling and for me that is correct. Please see a neuro.Dr., they are trained in that area Good luck, Kathryn2

Old 02-23-2001, 09:32 PM   #6

medium HB User

Dear friends,

Could the burning and aching or pain sensation at my upper back w/c lasted for 11 or 12 days (almost 2 weeks) be MYOSITIS? or something else

*Myositis is an autoimmune disorder that causes inflammation of the muscles that causes muscle weakness and pain.

*myositis, which is inflammation of the muscles, either in response to viral infection or as an immune system disorder.

Hope for your kind hypothesis & more infos. Thank you.

Closed Thread