It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

amowdoo HB User
Anterolisthesis of C3 on C4

can some one please tell me if Anterolisthesis of C3 on C4 can come from a cervical strain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Anterolisthesis of C3 on C4

Anterolisthesis means that C3 is slightly in front of C4 if seen from the side...slightly displaced forward. You can be born with this, or it can come from injury. Your MRI doesn't not say if they know. But more often than not, you are born with it unless you know if a trauma sufficiently bad enough to cause it, like whiplash. But proving it wasn't there when you were born is another matter.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
(female)

amowdoo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
Anterolisthesis means that C3 is slightly in front of C4 if seen from the side...slightly displaced forward. You can be born with this, or it can come from injury. Your MRI doesn't not say if they know. But more often than not, you are born with it unless you know if a trauma sufficiently bad enough to cause it, like whiplash. But proving it wasn't there when you were born is another matter.

Jenny
tHANK YOU, HOWEVER, CAN A SUDDEN TWIST OF MY NECK DO IT
THANKS AGAIN

Old 03-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

There is no way to know.

Unless you had x-rays before that showed no displacement and then x-rays after that showed you now have displacement, there is no way to know.

Could it? Maybe. Did it? Who knows?

Are you trying to prove that it did for a lawsuit or something? Because if so, you can't unless you have proof it didn't exist earlier.

If you just want to know if it could, then yes it probably could. But that doesn't mean it did.

Confusing, I know.

Jen

Old 03-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
(female)

amowdoo HB User
Thumbs up Re: Anterolisthesis of C3 on C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
There is no way to know.

Unless you had x-rays before that showed no displacement and then x-rays after that showed you now have displacement, there is no way to know.

Could it? Maybe. Did it? Who knows?

Are you trying to prove that it did for a lawsuit or something? Because if so, you can't unless you have proof it didn't exist earlier.

If you just want to know if it could, then yes it probably could. But that doesn't mean it did.

Confusing, I know.

Jen
Thank You

Closed Thread