It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

stoopstroop HB User
Subluxation C5/C6

In 1991 I was involved in a car accident and suffered immediate neck pain. At the hospital I had x-rays done and the doctor told me they showed subluxation of c5/c6. In 1995 I stopped going to the chiropractor as all of my problems seemed to be a thing of the past. The only lingering symptom was the migraines.
2 years ago I started to notice some blurred vision with my migraines (that still occured on a regular basis). I also noticed that my right leg would go numb periodically in certain areas and came with lower back pain.

I just recently had a baby via c-section. The numbness in my leg is now constant since the spinal block and my lower back feels like it is in spasm. My migraines occur but not as often how ever they are much more intense. I went to a new chiropractor and he wants me to go for xrays before he did any manipulations.(he manipulated my husbands back and neck on the first visit with out xrays)
He did some neck massage and noted that, like my new born, my orbital bone (Mainly the right side) was not in its proper place? Since he worked on that area with massage, I have noticed that my neck is a bit stronger.
Could the subluxation from my accident cause all of these problems? Also I can understand how he can adjust the orbital bone in my newborn since her cerebral bones arent fused but how is he able to adjust mine?

Old 04-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
(female)

stoopstroop HB User
Post Re: Subluxation C5/C6

Correction-- not the orbital bone, the occipital bone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Subluxation C5/C6

Please go see an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon before considering further Chiropractic care. The area of the spine you describe is very delicate and you don't want any permanent damage done by chiropractic or other care. You can see an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon or Neurosurgeon, get an MRI, and ask if chiropractic care is safe for you.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopstroop View Post
Also I can understand how he can adjust the orbital bone in my newborn since her cerebral bones arent fused but how is he able to adjust mine?
Adult cranial bones are not nearly as fused as we might think. There is some connective tissue in the joints between the bones that allows some movement, not a lot, but some. The greatest amount of movement is in the temporal bones, the least in the parietal bones and the others somewhere in between.

You can see this for yourself if you will start taking notice of women's earrings. See how often they are not level. Assuming that the piercing is in the same spot on each ear, this indicates the relative level of the temporal bones. Then notice people's eyes. Ever notice how many people have one eye higher or lower than the other? Then notice if the eyes are tilted the same way as the ears or opposite? Think how much torsion there is in the cranium if they are opposite!

You really want to see some twisted craniums? Watch for pictures of criminals in the paper or on television. Or watch Judge Judy. Lots of nutty people on there and many, many have seriously distorted craniums. It's wild, really wild. Once you start to see this, you will never not see it.

Last edited by esker; 04-18-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by esker View Post
Adult cranial bones are not nearly as fused as we might think. There is some connective tissue in the joints between the bones that allows some movement, not a lot, but some. The greatest amount of movement is in the temporal bones, the least in the parietal bones and the others somewhere in between.

You can see this for yourself if you will start taking notice of women's earrings. See how often they are not level. Assuming that the piercing is in the same spot on each ear, this indicates the relative level of the temporal bones. Then notice people's eyes. Ever notice how many people have one eye higher or lower than the other? Then notice if the eyes are tilted the same way as the ears or opposite? Think how much torsion there is in the cranium if they are opposite!

You really want to see some twisted craniums? Watch for pictures of criminals in the paper or on television. Or watch Judge Judy. Lots of nutty people on there and many, many have seriously distorted craniums. It's wild, really wild. Once you start to see this, you will never not see it.
You are so right, I was watching TV soon after reading your message and saw
several instances of your anatomical deviations. Some had the sloping foreheads, some the prominent and asymetrical ears and protruding jaws, it was awful. These people in the House of Representatives are sure ugly.
James

Old 04-20-2011, 05:02 AM   #6
(female)

stoopstroop HB User

Reviewed the results of my x-rays with my Dr. on Monday. He said I have what is commonly referred to as military neck and military spine. My neck has no real curve to it. Also I have many areas from T1 through S5 that have lost the natural curve. He did note disc compression around L5-S1 as well as some slight calcification of the discs between C5-C7. He was able to adjust C7 and tried to adjust C1 but it wouldn't budge. He said he would have to work on that area with massage for a while before he would attempt another adjustment on C1. It felt like my neck was going into spasm almost immediately but within 3-5 minutes my neck was completely relaxed. My Lumbar area was a little easier to manipulate but it was very tender at times. I have noticed that since the manipulation it feels like my T3-T7 area seems to "catch" and burns after 5 minutes of standing while holding the baby.

Last edited by stoopstroop; 04-20-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Please consider a consultation with a board certified spine surgeon. Without having an MRI and consultation with Orthopedic Spine Surgeon and/or Neurosurgeon you have no way of knowing if there may be any instability or area at risk with chiropractic care. I did see a chiropractor but as soon as my cervical MRI was done he had to dismiss me from care saying further adjustments put me at risk of severe nerve damage. He insisted I see an OSS or NS immediately and called my primary caredoc to relay this urgent referral need.

Closed Thread